View job on Handshake
Our Financial Analyst Internship Program will give you insights into a variety of corporate finance responsibilities. You will blend your quantitative and technical acumen with critical reasoning and communication skills. Put your practical experience to use through informal leadership opportunities with other financial analyst interns. Test your ability to link coursework on leadership, strategy, and business operations to project work in Financial Planning & Analysis at the intersection of strategy and finance. Each internship opportunity will differ based upon the need of the business area. Generally, interns will be exposed to and be responsible for:
- Evaluating key business drivers and providing recommendations to help business leaders make better decisions
- Identifying insights based on data-driven analysis
- Communicating the results of projects and analyses to leaders at various levels of the organization, including business unit and corporate CFOs, VPs, and above.
- Building relationships with partners across the business to solve problems
- Assisting in preparation of budgets and/or forecasts
- Supporting the preparation of month-end or quarter-end deliverables
Once a candidate is selected for this program, they will be placed in an area within the Finance Community at Principal.
- Candidates must be pursuing or have a Master’s (or area of emphasis) in finance, math, or equivalent concentration
- 2+ years of relevant full-time professional experience
- Strong financial and analytical skills
- Advanced understanding of finance concepts
- Proven ability to interact with and influence people within the organization
- Professional presence and desire to continue to develop as a leader
- Comfort working to tackle complex problems within demanding time constraints
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Demonstrated ability to present new information to all levels
- Demonstrated leadership with community organizations and/or through work experience
This internship can be located either at our corporate headquarters in Des Moines, IA, or remote per your preference.
At this time, we’re not considering candidates that need any type of immigration sponsorship (additional work authorization or permanent work authorization) now or in the future to work in the United States? This includes, but IS NOT LIMITED TO: F1-OPT, F1-CPT, H-1B, TN, L-1, J-1, etc. For additional information around work authorization needs please use the following links.
Investment Code of Ethics
For Principal Global Investors positions, you’ll need to follow an Investment Code of Ethics related to personal and business conduct as well as personal trading activities for you and members of your household. These same requirements may also apply to other positions across the organization.
Principal is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.