Our client hosts a true Big Data environment (Petabytes of data stored, and processing daily upwards of 235 billion market events). You will be tasked with researching and helping construct some of the most important machine learning models that protect our stock and bond markets.
Our client is looking for someone with a great deal of intellectual curiosity, experience in a data science environment, who want to be very hands on and technical (coding and mathematical/research analysis is required).
- PhD Computer Science, Math, Statistics, Physics and/or Electrical Engineering must have the mathematical background to apply mathematical analysis to data and determine relationships
- 7+ years of experience in Data Science, Big Data, AI/Client and/or software/data engineering
- Expertise in programming with Python and/or Java 8
- Experience in Big Data environments and in a data science practice
- Keen ability to research data and identify relationships (this is 85% of the job)
- Data science experience
- Have worked on building and maintaining Machine Learning models
- Experience with PySpark
- Must have strong communication skills
- Coding experience with Spark
- Big Data engineering experience
- AWS experience
- Experience executing sophisticated SQL queries for backend, data testing.