View job on Handshake
McDonald’s is looking for a talented Analytics professional to join our growing Data Science and Analytics organization. This role will interact with both the central corporate headquarters as well as the various regional and global offices.
We are looking to hire a Sr. Data Scientist who is passionate about generating business value through advanced analytics. This role will include building predictive models and other analytics solutions and will also include a component of managing projects and building relationships with stakeholders and partners. A successful Sr. Data Scientist will be a thought leader with the ability to design optimal solutions for business problems and clearly communicate and translate technical concepts to stakeholders. The position requires someone that seeks to supplement their skills using project experience, self-study, and ongoing training.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Partner with business teams to understand the problems and design scalable solutions
- Apply statistical and machine learning methods to analyze large, complex data sets
- Identify and understand the necessary data sources for projects and efficient ways to clean and transform it
- Work with Global Technology to ensure that solutions are up to current standards and best practices
- Calculate and track the business value that solutions are generating
- Build presentations to clearly communicate project statuses and results
- Continuously learn and build new skills in data science, machine learning operations, and technologies and platforms
- Bachelor’s degree and 7+ years of experience in Data Science
- Advanced degree in Data Science, Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related discipline a plus
- Experience in CRM, marketing, customer experience analytics a plus
- Deep understanding of high-performance ML algorithms (SVM’s, gradient boosted decision trees, deep neural networks, etc.)
- Expertise in Python/R/SQL, preferably with cloud deployment experience
- Experience leading projects and forming partnerships
- An understanding of how analytics solutions generate value for the business and how to calculate and demonstrate this value
- Experience in building models that have been deployed to production
- Experience using big data batch and streaming tools (Spark, AWS tools, Hadoop)
- Self-starter with high level of intellectual curiosity
- Strong analytical and hardworking problem-solving mindset
- Able to build a sense of trust and rapport that creates a comfortable & effective workplace
Must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination by date of hire to be considered. Proof of vaccination required.
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.