View job on Handshake
What you’ll do:
Principal Global Investors is looking for a Sr Data Engineer – Machine Learning Engineer to work within our Client Experience Technology organization. In this role, you will be building a machine learning and data engineering platform that enable us to drive better experiences for our customers.
This role presents the unique opportunity to build out production machine learning pipelines using cutting edge services in AWS including, but not limited to, SageMaker AutoPilot & AWS Glue.
As an engineer in this space, you will bring your knowledge of creating, hosting, and monitoring supervised learning models to build scalable, repeatable patterns. You’ll work closely with our DataOps product which is currently built on AWS using Glue + Athena with fully automated CDK deployments.
Here are a few examples of the kinds of things you’ll do:
- Build, host, and monitor production machine learning models
- Implement and iterate on a wide range of AWS services using Python and AWS CDK
- Build efficient, repeatable data pipelines both to both serve and monitor models
- Engage with business partners as a technology and machine learning consultant
- Work with a wide variety of both internal and purchased data
- Understand the trade-offs between technical, analytical and product needs and lead to solutions that take all of the needs into account. Develop strategies for data acquisition and influence others within the business area through explanation of policies, patterns and practices. Facilitate strategic discussions and execute tactical plans.
- Provide technical advice and weigh in on technical decisions that impact other teams or the company at large. Research, influence and propose new technologies.
- Make others better through code review, thorough documentation, technical guidance, mentoring or serving as technical lead for a product.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Bachelor’s degree plus 6+ years related work experience or a Master’s in related field plus 2+ years related work experience
- Created supervised learning models solving real-world problems
- Hosted and monitored supervised learning models in production
- Worked with operational and enterprise data, data lakes, or reporting data marts
Additional preferred technical experience:
- Moving and transforming large amounts of data using PySpark or any Spark API
- Experience building and maintaining CI/CD pipelines
- Cloud Development Experience (Especially AWS CDK)
This position may require on-call responsibilities.
This role offers the ability for in-office, hybrid (blending both office and remote work in a typical workweek), and remote work arrangements. You’ll work with your leader to determine which option may align best based on several factors.
We’ll consider talent at the next level with the right experiences and skills.
At this time, we’re not considering candidates that need any type of immigration sponsorship (additional work authorization or permanent work authorization) now or in the future to work in the United States? This includes, but IS NOT LIMITED TO: F1-OPT, F1-CPT, H-1B, TN, L-1, J-1, etc. For additional information around work authorization needs please use the following links.
Investment Code of Ethics
For Principal Global Investors positions, you’ll need to follow an Investment Code of Ethics related to personal and business conduct as well as personal trading activities for you and members of your household. These same requirements may also apply to other positions across the organization.
Principal is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.