Distributed Solar Development, LLC (DSD) seeks a Sr. Commercial Operations Analyst to join its growing team. DSD develops “C&I” solar and solar plus storage projects with municipalities, F500 companies, and utilities. This role will work cooperatively with the DSD Solar sales team to achieve sales goals for the business.
Distributed Solar Development, LLC (DSD) is seeking for a Sr. Commercial Operations Analyst to join our industry leading commercial sales team. We are looking for you to bring a fresh perspective to the operations of our commercial unit, use data to analyze and develop successful GTMs, and enable DSD to expand our business quickly and effectively into new solar markets.
In this role, you will interact directly with the Chief Commercial Officer and Originations team to develop and adjust goals and forecasts as required. You will leverage existing tools and develop creative tools and processes to analyze the performance of each business unit, core market, and customer segment, and translate such analysis into strategies and actions to improve sales velocity and win rate. In addition, you will also need to work cross-functionally with the Commercial teams to ensure smooth and effective execution of these strategies and constantly trouble shoot and look for optimization opportunities. By directly advising the leadership team on short term and long term strategies and develop go to market approaches using data analysis, you will have unique visibility into the strategic development of DSD and play a crucial role on shaping the future of our company and the solar industry.
- Provide data-driven insights and advice to Chief Commercial Officer on short and long-term strategic decision making
- Develop and analyze productivity and performance reporting of sales management and individuals, conduct historical reviews of account performance, account segmentation and prioritization, and develop predictive analytics to improve sales velocity and outreach.
- Develop standard operating metrics and continuously review the metrics to identify optimization opportunities.
- Develop and optimize GTM strategy including core sales processes and productivity drivers, infrastructure and automation, and market performance for DSD to continue expanding its businesses in key and new solar markets, and coordinate with internal teams to ensure the successful implementation of such strategies.
- Succinctly communicate progress and status in diverse forums, including executive leadership.
What makes a great Sr. Commercial Operations Analyst?
- Self-motivated, fast learner, and excited to work in a collaborative team environment
- Strong desire to execute and identify new ways to push the business forward.
- Exceptional project and system management skills.
- Comfortable with thinking outside the box and patiently seeking for solutions when being challenged with tough problems
- Ability to write, speak, and present effectively and persuasively at all levels.
- Robust analytical skill set, including proficiency in Excel modeling (Python a plus).
- Ability to manage multiple high priority demands simultaneously.
- Demonstrated communication, leadership, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills.
- 1+ year of professional experience in sales or business operations, or direct experience with analyzing business performance data and develop data-driven strategies and goals for core business units
- 1+ year experience with using and managing salesforce or equivalent CRM.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university with strong academic records
- Strong modelling skills, including advanced knowledge of MS Excel and PowerPoint
- 2+ years of professional experience in sales or business operations, or direct experience with analyzing business performance data and develop data-driven strategies and goals for core business units
San Francisco Bay area preferred. Remote options considered.
Additional Eligibility Requirement DSD will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
Notice to Recruiters & Staffing Agencies Distributed Solar Development has an internal talent acquisition department and designated career site for individuals looking to join our team. Distributed Solar Development will not accept unsolicited resumes from any external recruiters, staffing firms, search agencies or any fee-based referrals. Any unsolicited resumes sent to directly to Distributed Solar Development, in any capacity will be considered property of Distributed Solar Development. This policy is applicable to all Distributed Solar Development locations and will be the responsibility of third parties and vendors to understand this policy. Distributed Solar Development will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
About Us Distributed Solar Development (DSD) is transforming the way organizations harness clean energy. With unparalleled capabilities including development, structured financing, project acquisition and long-term asset ownership, DSD creates significant value for our commercial, industrial and municipal customers and partners. Backed by world-leading financial partners like BlackRock Real Assets and rooted in our founding at GE with a 120+ year legacy of innovation, our team brings a distinct combination of ingenuity, rigor, and accountability to every project we manage, acquire, own and maintain. To learn more, visit dsdrenewables.com. Connect with us on LinkedIn and Twitter. Distributed Solar Development is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.