Magnolia Capital (“Magnolia”) is a Chicago-based real estate investment firm focused on finding and creating value within the residential real estate space. Magnolia was founded in 2016 with a focused vision to redefine rental housing investing through empowering a world-class real estate team with a technology-forward platform and sound investment principles unseen elsewhere in the industry. Magnolia is building a talented, highly motivated team of experts and a best-in-class, data driven platform that will allow the firm to create exceptional results for its stakeholders—customers, partners, associates, and shareholders alike.
Magnolia Capital manages wholly- or partially owned properties across the U.S. that are thoughtfully designed to be beautiful, community-spirited and create an elevated living experience. Magnolia offers the culture and opportunity of an entrepreneurial start-up, supported by the scale, stability, and capital resources typically found in a seasoned business.
The Asset Management Analyst will support a national portfolio of multifamily properties, focusing on all aspects of the investment, including Financial Planning and Analysis, Capital Projects/renovation programs, Marketing, Investor Relations/valuation modeling, and other ad hoc analyses. The team is looking for a self-starter who is motivated to succeed, has high energy, and a strong analytical thinking mindset.
This position is based out of our HQ in Chicago, IL
Essential Job Functions
· Weekly reporting, assisting and ultimately taking the lead on rent/occupancy analysis, cost per lead information, and KPI benchmark analyses.
· Monthly financial reporting, assisting with the preparation of annual budgets and quarterly reforecasts, conducting ad hoc analysis & reporting.
· Retrieve and analyze financial and operational data from OneSite, MPF (Market Research), Supply/Demand data, Knock Rentals, and other platforms.
· Manage relationships with wholly owned operating company, as well as third party operators and vendors and set expectations while fostering collaborative partnerships.
· Assists in the management of monthly and quarterly reporting on a portfolio-wide basis, including but not limited to revenue performance, budget variance, sales conversions and market trends.
· Assists Revenue Management in establishing daily pricing utilizing YieldStar and Performance Analytics.
· Reviews market surveys weekly, noting important observations and trends.
· Become an expert on industry and market trends.
· Assists Marketing in extracting, analyzing, and reporting on digital marketing performance utilizing a wide array of tools/metrics.
· Accumulate and aggregate data/reporting from internal and third-party software monthly.
· Evaluate and test new vendor system features and functionality.
· Updates and maintains historical data as it pertains to advertising and sales performance for each asset, organized by various categories.
· Up to 25% travel required. Travel oriented around portfolio visits of subject properties, comp visits and industry related conferences/knowledge acquisition opportunities.
Who we are looking for
· Entrepreneurial mindset and ability to be creative – research/test/implement new concepts and technologies
· Strong analytical skills
· Collaborative/Team Player
· Strong organizational skills
· Solving problems and quantifying results
· Creativity – researching, testing and implementing new concepts and technologies
· Working in a fast-paced environment with changing deadlines
· Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excels in an environment with constant change; Adapts, performs and invites additional job responsibilities as the company develops.
Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Real Estate preferred
· 1-2 year of real estate experience
· Proficiency in Excel/Microsoft Office Suite
· Candidate must have proven track record of providing high quality support and completing tasks
What We Offer
Magnolia Capital offers competitive compensation, bonus opportunities, and ambitious growth plans. We offer the following: medical/dental/vision/life insurance, 401(k) plan, hybrid schedule, flexible time off, flexible hours, casual dress code, volunteer days, and more!
Promoting our associates’ career growth and providing opportunities for advancement is a cornerstone value of our company. Our entrepreneurial culture will allow for the best and brightest talent to excel in an entrepreneurial setting, while our institutional funding and experience will offer the ability to execute an ambitious growth plan for the company.
Magnolia Capital is an equal opportunity employer. Magnolia Capital prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetic information.