View job on Handshake
ake your mark for patients.
We’re here because we want to build the future and transform patients’ lives for the better.
At UCB, our people are our experiences and achievements, our passion and drive. That’s why we’re looking for talented individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences – not just the best and brightest, but those who care about making a meaningful difference in the lives of patients. We promote an environment of diversity, openness, and respect where people can make valuable contributions.
An exciting journey lies ahead. Will you join us in pushing the boundaries of what’s possible?
To strengthen our (I2I) Insights to Impact and (DBT) Digital Business Transformation team, within our corporate headquarters in Smyrna, GA, we are looking for a talented individual to fill the position of: Sr. AI Data Scientist
As a Senior AI Data Scientist, you will solve commercial go-to-market problems using AI technologies and competencies. The scope of projects includes designing and developing POCs and at-scale AI solutions and digital capabilities. The day-to-day activities include defining and refining analytical problems, integrating disparate datasets and building AI models and analytics workflows. As importantly, the role will work collaboratively with other data scientists, data engineers, developers, and translators as well as business stakeholders.
The preferred location for this role is Atlanta, GA. Other locations will be considered on an exceptional basis. Relocation will be offered for the right candidate.
You like to work in an environment where you can:
- Work closely with key business stakeholders across the company to understand opportunities and then explore, design and develop an analytics approach.
- Explore and model structured and unstructured datasets to generate insights, and work with domain experts to turn them into actionable recommendations.
- Develop of novel AI, machine learning, optimization, statistical inference and visualization solutions.
You will contribute by:
- Optimizing and deploying your code into analytics workflows or smart applications.
- Keeping abreast of new analytics methods that you will share with the wider team and apply to your projects.
- Having both theoretical and hands-on knowledge of mathematical modeling, statistical modeling and machine learning techniques.
Interested? For this position you’ll need the following education, experience and skills:
- Master’s degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Computer Science, Engineering or similar field of study is required
- 4+ years of experience in data science or advanced analytics
- Both theoretical and hands-on knowledge of data science techniques such as GLMs, GAMs, tree-based models, survival models, boosting & bagging, time series models (ARIMA, exponential smoothing), neural networks, probabilistic graphical models, dimensionality reduction
- Expert-level programming experience with either Python or R
- Hands-on experience developing data science workflows (forecasting, recommendation, prediction, testing, outlier detection, sensor analytics, NLP)
- Experience with deep learning is a plus
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with pharmaceutical and healthcare-specific data sources including patient-level claims, EMR, and specialty pharmacy data from vendors such as IQVIA, Symphony, Optum, etc. is preferred
- Knowledge of the current health care environment in the US is a plus