View job on Handshake
As a Manufacturing IT Solutions Analyst, you will support Voith’s North America locations with new and established technologies used in production processes. You will roll out, coordinate, and troubleshoot solutions across operating units throughout North America while also serving as the regional representative for global manufacturing IT topics. You will combine your knowledge of applications, hardware, networking, and production methods to help Voith reduce downtime, automate manual processes, improve efficiency, and reduce our cost of quality.
In this position, you can expect to:
- Participate in manufacturing and maintenance project teams, including contributing to hardware and software specifications while advocating for local requirements and security topics.
- Develop and maintain an inventory of manufacturing hardware and software solutions and assist solution owners with lifecycle plans.
- Become the North America point of contact for manufacturing solution support, including enterprise solutions such as Fastec OEE, Cronetwork MES, and OnCare currently supported only by German colleagues.
- Establish relationships with manufacturing technology solution vendors and implement remote connectivity for them as needed.
- Create and maintain risk assessments for manufacturing hardware and software solutions.
You, being the ideal candidate, have:
- The ability to understand user needs as they relate to Microsoft Windows operating systems and associated tools & utilities.
- The aptitude for solving practical problems in a multifaceted manufacturing environment with limited standardization.
- Curiosity to explore new ideas and concepts in a structured and organized manner, demonstrating openness and transparency through a collaborative attitude.
- A desire to travel domestically and internationally (~20%)
- In-depth knowledge in the described IT functions for at least 4 years.
- Experience with Operational Technology (OT) such as PLC
- A.S. in computer science or related field, B.S. in computer science, engineering, or related field preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the key actions of job.
- The employee is also required to talk and/or hear in both office settings (noise level is low) and manufacturing settings (noise level can be high). The employee is frequently required to stand and walk in these environments from 4-8 hours. The employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms; lift; stoop, or crouch.
- The vision requirements: close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception and adjust focus.
- The job may require occasional travel to field/manufacturing sites where noise level is high and environment is outside an office setting.
* This job description is not all encompassing, however, is intended to be a general description of the responsibilities of this position.