With over 40 years of semiconductor process control experience, chipmakers around the globe rely on KLA to ensure that their fabs ramp next-generation devices to volume production quickly and cost-effectively. Enabling the movement towards advanced chip design, KLA’s Global Products Group (GPG), which is responsible for creating all of KLA’s metrology and inspection products, is looking for the best and the brightest research scientist, software engineers, application development engineers, and senior product technology process engineers. The Broadband Plasma Division (BBP) provides market-leading patterned wafer optical inspection systems for leading-edge IC manufacturing. Logic, foundry, and memory customers depend on BBP products to detect yield-critical defects for process debug and excursion monitoring at advanced process nodes. BBP flagship products include the 29xx and 39xx series which leverage Broadband Plasma technology to capture a wide range of defects with ultimate sensitivity at the optical inspection speeds needed for inline defect monitoring.Work with the field and customers to identify and define product requirements.
- Develop prototype solutions to explore product and technology roadmaps.
- Work with R&D teams to drive and influence the development of new tools, as well as the modification of existing tools to address evolving customer needs.
- Enable successful technical integration of hardware and software system solutions into customer workflows.
- Support periodic deployment of software releases that deliver new capabilities with resolution for issues identified in prior releases.
- Actively collaborate to achieve successful Beta engagements. Pursue systematic problem-solving methodologies to root-cause and standardize solutions.
- Develop capabilities to automate time-consuming log analysis and to create diagnostics tools for achieving faster resolution time.
- Minimum travel within the US may be required.
This position allows flexibility and requires 3 days in the office.
- MS degree + 6 years industry OR BS degree + 8 years industry
- Ability to decompose complex interrelated software systems to develop solutions that are easier to conceive, understand, program, and maintain.
- Ability to prioritize multiple conflicting assignments making pragmatic decisions.
- Strong communication skills and sense of ownership to drive change.
- Hands-on experience in scripting, data analysis, and data visualization.
- Hands-on experience in one or more programming languages: Java, C#, Python.
- Hands-on experience in scripting and troubleshooting in Linux platform.
- Experience with algorithms, data structures, and software design.
Send resume to: Niki.Baccam@kla-tencor.com