WHO YOU’LL WORK WITH
You’ll be based in Atlanta, Dallas or Waltham, and will be part of the Social, Healthcare and Public Entities (SHaPE) practice. You will collaborate with our SHaPE Analytics teams in other technology hubs in Chicago, New York, and San Jose, Costa Rica.
Our SHaPE Analytics group leverages a big-data analytics platform that includes 100 terabytes of integrated claim, encounter, clinical, consumer, and other data. The team consists of 100 dedicated experts and 250 affiliated professionals with industry, advanced analytics, statistics, clinical, and software expertise, all of whom work to design, deliver, and operate advanced analytic tools to help social, public and healthcare clients around the world.
The SHaPE practice is one of 10 industry practices within the firm and has a mission of measurably improving individuals’ lives, livelihoods and health and creating safer and more just communities around the world. SHaPE serves governments, donors, healthcare payors/providers and non-governmental organizations on topics including health, public finance, education, defense, economic development and beyond.
McKinsey’s Social, Healthcare and Public Entities Practice fosters innovation driven by advanced analytics, user experience design thinking, predictive forecasting and new product development. We are a community of entrepreneurs within McKinsey dedicated to using technology to accelerate meaningful impact for our clients. Through self-service access to analytics and data, software as a service solutions, strategic acquisitions and a vibrant ecosystem of alliances, we are redefining what it means to work with McKinsey.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
You will deliver software products with high levels of value, usability, quality and predictability for our engagements and help our clients transform healthcare across the world.
In this role, you will work with product managers and other engineers and be a key contributor in delivering incremental solutions in an Agile delivery manner. You will help design, develop, test and maintain software solutions that are leveraged within the SHaPE Analytics group. You will help build out data frameworks that will allow our analytics to run at scale. You will look for opportunities to continuously improve the solutions and help in the resolution of issues and defects that may occur within the environment. You will be an active contributor in improving the code quality and test automation of our products, leaning on current automation test frameworks and best practices.
In order to be successful, you will be an active learner and contributor to the team. It is expected that your voice and opinion be heard and expressed. We have an environment that thrives on the fact that people’s experiences and skillset variation create better solutions. Lastly, you will contribute code and participate in code reviews; you will break down user stories into technical tasks and requirements; and you will identify, communicate, and escalate risks when appropriate.
- University student in the final year in a STEM-related field (e.g., computer science, etc.) with expected graduation date of Spring 2022
- 2+ years experience of Java/J2EE/Python software development experience
- Working exposure to big data processing technologies such as Spark, Pig, Hive, and Kafka
- Experience building native cloud solutions in either AWS, GCP or Azure
- Understanding of APIs and microservices architecture pattern
- Hands on experience with XML/JSON and developing REST Services
- Hands on experience with data storage in various forms (e.g., data warehouses/relational SQL, NoSQL, unstructured data environments)
- Experience with CI/CD systems such as Jenkins
- Understanding of container based technologies (i.e., Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience writing and executing unit tests, automated test frameworks
- Ability to work within an Agile delivery methodology
- Demonstrated willingness and ability to engage with teams and collectively solve complex problems
- Comfortable with ambiguity and rapid changes common in early-stage product development
- Distinct customer focus and quality mindset
- Healthcare domain knowledge not required, but interest in healthcare a plus