About the Data Team
- We use various Google Cloud Products, including Bigtable, BigQuery, and Dataflow to manage big data.
- MOLOCO was featured as a customer example in the Data and Analytics Platform Overview at GCP Next’18. You can check out this video for more details about the company and the product (note that the presentation took place in July 2018, and we’ve grown & improved so much over the past two years!).
What you’ll do
- Turn unstructured logs, messages, and events into structured data that can be utilized for analytics, machine learning, and more.
- Implement backend data pipelines for manipulating and managing big data.
- Optimize data processing pipelines with different goals including latency, cost, and throughput.
- Improve existing data pipelines in terms of scalability and efficiency.
- Design and implement fraud prevention/detection algorithms through analyzing complex time-series data.
- Collaborate with other engineers at MOLOCO to build the best mobile advertising platform in the world.
What you’ll need to succeed
- BS in Computer Science or related fields (MS preferred)
- 3+ years of hands-on industry experience in software development.
- Excellent software development skills and fluency in at least one programming language (preferably Java, Go, or Python).
- Outstanding problem-solving skills.
- Fluent in English (both verbal and written).
- Experience in Cloud/Big Data platforms (e.g., AWS, GCE, Beam, Spark, etc.) preferred.
- Experience in distributed computing/MapReduce is strongly preferred.
All offers of employment are subject to background checks prior to the start date. MOLOCO will consider for employment: qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local, state, and federal laws and Fair Chance Ordinances.
MOLOCO is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.