View job on Handshake
Job Title: Software Developer
Corporate Title: Analyst
Location: Cary, NC
Our Technology, Data and Innovation (TDI) strategy is focused on strengthening engineering expertise, introducing an agile delivery model, as well as modernising the Bank’s IT infrastructure. As a software developer, you will develop and deliver significant components of engineering solutions to satisfy complex and diverse business goals. You will be joining the dbSleuth Team within Regulatory & Cross Product IT delivering trader and counterparty surveillance across all business sections of Deutsche Bank. You will help to build our surveillance systems, working in a fast-paced, Agile environment. Our workload for new deliveries is high, using React for user interface (UI) development, Python/Spark/Scala for services, Hadoop big data and data science for anomaly detection using machine learning and statistical risk models.
What We Offer You:
- We offer competitive health and wellness benefits, empowering you to value life in and out of the office
- An environment that encourages networking and collaboration across functions and businesses
- Conveniently located nature trails, accessible year-round
Return to Office:
At this time, all individuals present in the location must be fully vaccinated for Covid-19
- It is the Bank’s expectation that employees hired into this role will work in the Cary office in accordance with the Bank’s hybrid working model
- Deutsche Bank provides reasonable accommodations to candidates and employees with a substantiated need based on disability and/or religion
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Work as part of a delivery team, understanding requirements, analyzing and refining stories, designing solutions and building continuous testing around them
- Write code and write it well, be proud to call yourself a programmer, use TDD, write clean code and refactor constantly and make sure we are building the thing right
- Define and evolve the architecture of the components you are working on and contribute to architectural decisions at a department and bank-wide level
- Conduct peer reviews to ensure designs are fit for purpose, extensible & re-usable
Your Skills and Experience:
- Experience with Python, React/React JS, Typescript, Hadoop, modern Python libraries, including PySpark, Pandas NumPy, Scikit-learn, ECT
- Experience of server-side programming, preferably using Python Flask
- Experience of container technologies such as Kubernetes or Docker and experience with back-end design, including REST services, SQL Alchemy, Impala, and Hive
- Experience working in an Agile team, practicing scrum or Kanban
For external candidates: Please note, we are unable to consider external candidates who require sponsorship for work visas for this position. Please continue to review the Deutsche Bank Careers website for other opportunities.
Our values define the working environment we strive to create – diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.