The Dickinson County Healthcare System (DCHS) seeks a Software Application Analyst to join their IT team in Iron Mountain, Michigan.
This position supports hardware, set-ups and installs new software, and provides training.
- Develop and distribute information, produce special project reports, and verify accuracy of data being reported. Obtain user needs and feedback during development of all projects.
- Develop and conduct user training courses on purchased and/or in-house developed applications; maintain policies/procedures for the use and support of software applications.
- Coordinate the installation, setup, training, and support of new applications as needed; monitor timelines to keep projects moving forward.
- Coordinate and troubleshoot problems within department(s) and with outside vendors; provide status updates to parties involved; initiate calls for hardware/software support; document interactions for future reference.
- Stay current and adhere to department and hospital policies and procedures.
- Track and document projects using department tracking software.
- Respond in a timely manner to software, equipment, and computer operation “On-Call” requests, as assigned.
COMPENSATION/BENEFITS. Starting pay of $27.08 – $39.27 per hour based on experience. Position offers medical, dental, vision, retirement plan, paid time off (sick, vacation), and life insurance.
MINIMUM AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS.
- 2-year certificate or degree in a field relevant to this position or 3 years’ experience in software support, application installation, setup, training, and reporting required.
- Experience with hospital software applications a bonus.
- Project management skills required.
- Exceptional communication skills with ability to deal effectively with diverse skill sets and personalities.
- Creativity and organization with a proven ability to prioritize workload, meet deadlines, utilize time effectively, and quickly adapt to changing requirements.
- Ability to work effectively as team leader and team player.
- Ability to successfully pass a pre-hire drug screening and background check.