This remote position will primarily help build reliable software for performing power system steady-state analyses and working on performing the studies using the software under developed while also working with commercial software.
The applicant should have strong software engineering skills in Python and/or C, experience with version control (git) and AGILE software development processes, experience with power system modeling and steady-state analyses, and some experience with commercial tools such as PSS/E or PSLF. Ideal applications would also have strong timeseries data analytics, visualization skills and experience with nonlinear optimization.
Additional skills that would be taken into consideration:
Frameworks / Developer Tools:
- Django (Python)
- Pandas (Python)
- Numpy/Scipy (Python)
- Build systems such as CMake
- Software development in C or Python and power system modeling background are key skills.
Additional Job Description:
- Performs complex engineering/ scientific analysis with moderate direction and supervision. Works directly with EPRI staff and moderate interaction with members and industry.
- Conducts technical searches and analyzes information in support of the project team.
- May conduct independent research.
- Assists Project/Program managers in assessing customer needs, formulating technical approaches, preparing proposals, technical publications/papers, and making presentations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field or equivalent experience required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must have satisfied requirements of entry level engineer/scientist and have 2-3 years of engineering experience or comparable work/educational experience required.
- Intermediate verbal and written communication skills.
- Present research externally.
- Understand how work fits across technical area.
- Requires supervision and guidance to conduct specific research tasks and complete projects.
- Works closely with contractors or staff to complete project research.
- May participate in multiple projects.
- Individual contributor.