Our Portland office is seeking a Signal Processing Engineer to be part of a strong team of scientists, engineers, and operations experts in pursuit of applied research and development of effective and efficient solutions for real-world National Security System problems. The core focus of this position is on the development of advanced algorithms for processing underwater acoustic sensor data, and building innovative user interfaces for sonar operators. This will support projects involving technology areas such as target detection/classification/localization (DCL), phased array design/processing (beamforming), statistical and adaptive signal processing, and machine learning.
We are looking for a creative, out-of-the-box thinker, who is excited about working on fun yet challenging signal processing problems. This position provides a rare opportunity to collaborate directly with nationally recognized experts; many are leading authors in their fields. Responsibilities include data analysis, software development, user interface design, signal and clutter phenomenology identification/capture/modeling, algorithm development, implementation and testing, system level integration and testing, and literature surveys. The successful candidate must be comfortable in small work groups, and doing extended development with minimal oversight and direction. Metron provides many career development opportunities including tuition reimbursement, support for attending and speaking at conferences, authoring journal articles, brown bag technical talks, and our semi-annual innovation tournament.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Math, or a related field
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience
- Programming experience in C/C++ and/or Java
- Demonstrated knowledge, ability, and skills in one or more of the following subjects: Linear Algebra, Fourier Analysis, Statistical Array and Multichannel Processing, Stochastic Processes and Applications, Classical Inference/Detection and Estimation Theory, Tracking and Fusion, or similar
- US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED; the selected individual will be subject to a security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information
- An advanced degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Math, or a related field
- Ability to research and implement advanced processing methods
- Experience in Static/Dynamic Field Propagation analysis and modeling
- High performance computing (HPC)
- Experience with CUDA, MKL, or IPP
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) experience
- Current Top Secret clearance
Position Location: Portland, OR
Metron is requiring all employees and visitors to be fully vaccinated against COVID prior to entering our workplaces. We allow for religious and medical accommodations. This position will require the employee to work at a physical office location. Metron follows the CDC and OSHA guidance for workplace safety. We also listen to our employees so as to create a safe and workable office environment for everyone. If you have any questions about the safety precautions we are taking, we encourage you to ask during the interview process. Thank you.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. Metron takes affirmative action in support of its policy to employ and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor