Information Technology Analyst 1 (40 Hour)
Location: Hartford, CT
Date Opened 2/2/2022 12:00:00 AM
Salary$72,145- $92,373 annually
Job Type Open to the Public
Close Date2/9/2022 11:59:00 PM
Are you an IT professional looking to further your career?
If so, we invite you to discover this opportunity to join our dedicated team!
This role will serve as a member of the Help Desk team assisting and supporting users with computers, applications, minor network problems, software installations, computer and laptop setups, printer installation and configurations.
The position is based in our centralized technical support team providing service to over 1,700 computer users at 13 locations throughout the state. The individual would also be assigned to work on-site for network support and maintenance and device deployments at various offices throughout the state at times. Statewide travel will be expected.
What we offer:
State employees receive competitive benefits including health and dental insurance, a retirement plan, group life insurance, and other supplemental benefits. Paid time off is also offered, including 12 paid holidays per calendar year, in addition to vacation, sick and personal leave accruals. We encourage a healthy work/life balance to all employees.
Interviews will be limited to candidates whose experience most closely meets the preferred qualifications, so please ensure that your application is complete and details your experience as outlined in this job posting. Please note: You will be unable to make revisions once you submit your application into the JobAps system. Applications to this recruitment may be used for future vacancies in this job class.
The minimum experience and training requirements must be met by the close date on the job opening, unless otherwise specified.
At any point during the recruitment process, applicants may be required to submit additional documentation which support their qualification(s) for this position. These documents may include: a cover letter, resume, transcripts, diplomas, performance reviews, attendance records, supervisory references, licensure, etc., at the discretion of the hiring agency. Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications as indicated to apply for this position. In order to comply with Public Act 21-69, the State of Connecticut is no longer asking for resumes during the initial application process. If selected for interview, state employees must bring their 2 most recent service ratings/PARS and 2 most recent years attendance records. Non-State employees must bring a resume and two (2) professional refences to the interview.
This posting may require completion of additional referral questions (RQs). You can access these RQs via an email that will be sent to you after the posting’s closing date or by visiting your JobAps Personal Status Board (Certification Questionnaires section). Your responses to these RQs must be submitted by the question’s expiration date. Please regularly check your email and JobAps Personal Status Board for notifications. Please check your SPAM and/or Junk folders on a daily basis in the event an email provider places auto-notification emails in a user’s spam.
Although applicants will receive correspondence via email, as a backup they are also encouraged to sign on to their Personal Status Board on a daily basis to monitor their status, view all emailed notices and complete tasks required in the recruitment process.
PURPOSE OF JOB CLASS (NATURE OF WORK)
In a state agency Information Technology (IT) environment, this class is accountable for performing a range of information technology tasks and application development in an IT environment.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
- Interacts with vendors and support teams.
- Incident investigation and escalation, troubleshoot issues that may arise within systems and software.
- Provides support to agency staff in the following areas: application software, network communications, email, and internet web browsing and connectivity.
- Performs computer imaging, network printer and scanner configuration and similar tasks.
- Performs directory services administration (user access rights, password resets, etc.)
- Maintains tickets and detailed documentation for all system and user issues.
- Maintains inventory logs for equipment entering or leaving the IT area.
- Participates in the rotation of backup tapes.
- Resolves hardware compatibility problems.
- Troubleshoots software and operating system issues.
- Performs network related tasks under the direction of higher-level network team members.
- Utilizes remote assistance software or on-site visits to user workstations to provide Help Desk support to the users.
- Performs related duties as required.
- Additional information can be found here.
Service/Help Support: Responds to calls, email and personnel requests for technical support; tracks status of all problems and monitors open problems; resolves simple to moderate problems by providing support on hardware and software products; resolves simple to moderate technical calls from customers; acts as liaison between other technical staff, users and vendors regarding Help Desk and service requests; monitors personal computer (PC) performance.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
Considerable knowledge of data control functions; considerable knowledge of IT equipment and diagnostic tools; knowledge of principles and techniques of computer programming; knowledge of programming languages; knowledge of principles of information systems; knowledge of principles and concepts of network environments; knowledge of computer operating systems; knowledge of fundamental principles and theories of business and planning functions; knowledge of principles and techniques of systems analysis, design and development; knowledge of capabilities of computer equipment and technology; considerable technical problem solving skills; considerable logic and analytical skills; interpersonal skills; oral and written communication skills; considerable ability to install and maintain microcomputer hardware, software and network components; ability to prepare and maintain records, logs, reports, documentation, and manuals; ability to write, test and debug computer programs; ability to use programming development tools; ability to identify, analyze and resolve simple business and technical problems.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS – GENERAL EXPERIENCE
Five (5) years of experience in information technology (IT) operations support, programming or another IT related support area.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS – SPECIAL EXPERIENCE
Two (2) years of the General Experience must have been performing basic technical support work in such areas as: help desk functions; installing and maintaining basic computer hardware and software; basic technical work in data communications, microcomputer support, production control or programming; performing any closely related basic technical support function.
NOTE: For State Employees basic technical support work is interpreted at the level of Information Technology Technician.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS – SUBSTITUTIONS ALLOWED
1. College training in management information systems, computer science or information technology related area may be substituted for the General Experience on the basis of fifteen (15) semester hours equalling six (6) months of experience to a maximum of four (4) years for a Bachelor’s degree.
2. A Master’s degree in management information systems, computer science or electrical engineering may be substituted for the General and Special Experience.
3. For State Employees one (1) year as an Information Technology Analyst Trainee may be substituted for the General and Special Experience.
4. For State Employees two (2) years as an Information Technology Technician may be substituted for the General and Special Experience.
Preference will be given to candidates with the following experience:
- Keeping up with a rapidly changing environment while recommending new technologies.
- Proactively learning and utilizing new technologies, concepts and procedures as appropriate to requirements.
- Working with internal teams to obtain in-depth understanding of existing applications and software and produce high-quality documentation.
- Using written and verbal communication skills to explain information to multiple diverse populations and skill levels.
- Managing time and priorities to meet fast-paced deadlines.
- Supporting users and devices in a network environment.
- Troubleshooting user hardware, software, and operating system issues.
- Utilizing and troubleshooting Microsoft O365 suite of applications, Windows 7, and Windows 10.
- Creating, managing, and maintaining users and user attributes in Active Directory.
- Working with Free Open Ghost (FOG) imaging software or similar.
- Diagnoses and resolves PC and simple software problems using a variety of diagnostic tools; uses diagnostic tools to identify hardware and/or software problems and initiates repair; rebuilds PCs and reconfigures user specific settings
- Perform installs of new software releases of simple to moderate complexity.
- Assists in the implementation of network and/or system hardware and software upgrades and/or enhancements.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.