Service Delivery Associate Consultant – Development Program
Become the driving force of digital transformation!
Siemens Digital Industries is an innovation and technology leader in industrial automation and digitalization. Joining our Digital Enterprise Services team means you’ll have the opportunity to impact the complete value chain from classic product related services (support services, learning services, field service, maintenance, and upgrades) to innovative data-based services (cyber security, analytical services, and cloud technology) which let customers leverage opportunities in the digitalization era. The overall goal of Digital Enterprise Services is to support customers in increasing plant availability, production quality, and enhance productivity.
This is a two-year development program consisting of three (3) eight (8) month rotations through the Service Delivery team. The program is designed to build valuable experience across multiple functions within the group and may include roles supporting technical learning, field service, and technical support. Relocation for each rotation may be required, and travel during each rotation, up to 60%, may also occur.
As an Associate Consultant in this Development Program, you will be involved in:
· Collaborating with industry experts on the team to learn Siemens best practices
· Participating in estimating, planning, and scheduling deliverables and tasks
· Impacting our customers’ initiatives and business drivers
· Providing support to control scope, cost, implementation, and quality
· Consulting with users, management, and stakeholders
· Support customers to resolve problems
· Works closely with various groups to the defined outcomes
This program will help you develop and build expertise in the following core skills:
Cognitive Flexibility –Learn to remain agile and shift across multiple roles as customer demands and team resources change.
Customer Focus – Not only will you be considered the expert, but you learn to effectively transfer this knowledge to customers through individual / group technical learning courses that you curate from external vendors or develop and maintain yourself. Your customer focus allows you to learn about customers’ needs and uncover new business opportunities and service offerings for Siemens.
Problem Solving – Develop your Critical thinking and detailed systems analysis / evaluation techniques to assess trace and diagnostic information, recommend solutions or next steps, and guide field service personnel or other specialists to solve issues.
Active Learner – Learning & development is foundational as you seek to improve your own knowledge and skill set, while also utilizing proven learning strategies to enrich the team and customers you interact with.
Complex System Thinking – You will learn to view systems or processes from a broad perspective that includes seeing overall structures, patterns and cycles in systems/processes, rather than seeing only specific components.
Communications – Develop effective written technical information and deliver instructions effectively to customers.
Program Eligibility Requirements and Minimum Qualifications:
· Tech school graduate with an appropriate 2-year technical degree (engineering tech, mechatronics, computer tech, etc) and a Minimum 3.0 GPA
· Proven electro-mechanical aptitude (based on previous experience and/or education) along with user PC/software skills
· Ability to read and understand design and programming documents.
· Ability to work in a variety of circumstances including climbing ladders, scaffolds, and high-lift equipment; working in tight spaces and in outside/inside/heat/cold/day/night conditions.
· Must be able to use hand-tools, laptop, email, smartphone, and tablet.
· Must be able to carry and move equipment and tools weighing up to 75 pounds unassisted. Ability to work in a team environment providing dedicated support to our customers.
· Individual must possess a valid driver’s license in good standing.
· Willing and able to travel and open to possible relocation
· Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons.
· Qualiﬁed Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States and will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States