View job on Handshake
This position functions as a senior resource for managing the systems and relevant infrastructure components that provide desktop and mobile management services, imaging and software deployment, and software virtualization in a complex networked environment.
1. Provide support to distributed technology support staff in areas related to desktop, tablet and mobile computing, including assistance with group policy, and use of system management platforms (e.g. SCCM and JAMF Pro); work cooperatively to understand technical needs, develop management solutions, and provide in-depth troubleshooting in a complex networked environment. Plan and implement changes and upgrades. Plan for system management capacity.
2. Provide in-depth troubleshooting at a Tier II or Tier III level on desktop, tablet and mobile operating systems, printing, file storage, common departmental applications in a remote support environment; provide root cause analysis and develop solutions to prevent future problems.
3. Working with procurement, assist with site licensed software renewals, maintain vendor licensing knowledge, and maintain licenses on a central licensing server.
4. Maintain knowledge of and document vendor licensing portals, maintain awareness of for software upgrades; plan for any major changes to software versions or licensing.
5. Identify opportunities and develop custom programs and scripts to automate processes, extract information, or perform routine functions and tasks in both desktop and server environments.
6. Document solutions and work to provide excellent service and initiatives in the Knowledge Center Support Repository.
7. Create and maintain support documentation that is publicly available to assist students, faculty and staff. Create and maintain standard operating procedures for use by other support staff.
8. Installation, configuration and user management of software delivered through virtualization (e.g. View Desktop, RemoteApp). Maintain infrastructure supporting desktop virtualized environment, including capacity planning, some server management, and knowledge of networking. Consult with departments to determine application virtualization needs.
9. Identify opportunities, research and recommend new technologies, processes or models that elevates desktop/tablet/mobile management services at the university.
10. Understand security principles as it relates to desktops, tablets, mobile devices.
11. Maintain security awareness related to systems providing services consumed by end users and assist with remediation of security concerns.
12. Use prescribed Incident, Change and Problem management systems.
13. Actively participate in projects, as needed, involving departmental or cross-functional teams.
14. Perform other related duties and responsibilities as required or assigned.
Miami University recognizes that technology enables us to find new ways of providing first-class service and workplace flexibility. This position is approved for remote work on a full-time or hybrid basis. Remote work is a working arrangement that can be modified or revoked by Miami University at any time for any reason.
Require a Bachelors degree earned by date of hire and 6+ years of relevant experience.
Require 9 years of relevant experience.
This position is available to persons who are currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time and indefinite basis. (Persons authorized to work on such a basis include US citizens, lawful permanent residents (“green card” holders), asylees, refugees, and temporary residents under IRCA.
· Demonstrated experience supporting current versions of Windows, Mac and mobile operating systems. Experience troubleshooting complex issues, including identifying problems within the infrastructure (firewall, network, server).
· Demonstrated experience using and maintaining SCCM and JAMF Pro or equivalent system management utilities. Serve as lead engineer for system management utilities.
· Demonstrated familiarity with Active Directory Group Policy Management, included AGPM. Assist other support staff in the creation of, and troubleshooting of Group Policy.
· Demonstrated experience with imaging technologies and software packaging, supporting more than 100 applications.
· Ability to analyze causes of client problems, generate solutions and communicate findings to users and managers. Participate on Major Incidents as needed.
· Experience managing software licenses, vendor management. Server certificate management.
· 6-9 years of experience with wired and wireless networks, IP Addresses, and DHCP
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills; including communicating technical information in terms understandable to the end user.
· Intermediate problem management skills; able to resolve problems throughout the information system lifecycle, including classification, prioritization and initiation of action, documentation of root causes and implementation of remedies.
· ITIL Foundation Certification
Miami is committed to a culture of health and wellness. We offer several benefits including healthcare and wellness programs with on-campus recreational and sport centers, health insurance that includes options for dental, vision, life and long-term disability insurance. Tuition fee waivers for employee and family, paid sick and parental leave, paid vacation, paid holidays and state sponsored alternate and supplemental retirement plans. Plus you can be part of the University’s academic culture with direct access to hundreds of on-campus events plus the possibility to teach one credit bearing course per semester.
Miami University is committed to creating an inclusive and effective teaching, learning, research, and working environment for all. For more information on Miami University’s diversity initiatives, please visit the office of institutional diversity & inclusion webpage. For more information on Miami University’s mission and core values, please visit the mission and core values webpage.
EO/AA Statement/Clery Act:
Miami University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of age (40 years or older), color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin (ancestry), pregnancy, race, religion, sex/gender, status as a parent or foster parent, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@miamioh.edu or 513-529-3560.
As part of the University’s commitment to maintaining a healthy and safe living, learning, and working environment, we encourage you to read Miami University’s Annual Security & Fire Safety Report at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html, which contains information about campus safety, crime statistics, and our drug and alcohol abuse and prevention program designed to prevent the unlawful possession, use, and distribution of drugs and alcohol on campus and at university events and activities. This report also contains information on programs and policies designed to prevent and address sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. Each year, email notification of this website is made to all faculty, staff, and enrolled students. Written notification is also provided to prospective students and employees. Hard copies of the Annual Security & Fire Safety Report may be obtained from the Miami University Police Department at (513) 529-2223.
Miami University is committed to providing up-to-date information from the department of labor to our applicants for employment. Here, you will find links to the current information regarding the family and medical leave act (FMLA), equal employment opportunity (EEO), and the employee polygraph protection act (EPPA).