View job on Handshake
Working out of our Chevy Chase, MD/Washington DC office GEICO’s Strategic Business Analyst Program (SBAP) is a two-year rotational program designed for current high-performing analysts with a business, finance and/or data background. While in this program, you will have the opportunity to take on high level business problems as a part of a core team dedicated to keeping our company innovative and on the cutting edge.
This exciting opportunity provides full support to upper level management as well as key stakeholders in our business units. You will work closely with other members of the program as well as senior-level mentors on developing project plans, reporting, data analysis, decision support and a wide range of other activities.
Teams you will work directly with during your rotations may include:
- Data & Analytics
- Underwriting & Product Management
- Claims, and more!
The program is designed for those who desire to be:
- Leading members of management at the conclusion of the two years
- Or go on to be strong individual contributors in key areas of our business
- Identify business opportunities, solve complex problems, implement solutions and drive change on issues that are critical to the company
- Partner with business leaders and teams to develop innovative approaches to resolving risks
- Serve as a liaison between technical groups and upper management/key stakeholders
- Define project requirements, build project plans, conduct research, data analysis and reporting, implementation and monitoring of results/trends
- Present and communicate findings to stakeholders
- Gain business expertise in core functional areas
With an MBA* (Senior Opportunity)
- 1+ years of relevant work experience in management and strategy consulting, data analysis, or financial services (Master’s Degree+)
Without an MBA* (Junior Opportunity)
- 1+ years of relevant experience and education background (Bachelor’s)
*Degree preferred in quantitative discipline such as Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research, Computer Science or Finance
- Premier Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance with no waiting period**
- Paid Vacation, Sick and Parental Leave
- 401(k) Plan with Profit Sharing
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Training and Licensures
*Benefits may be different by location. Benefit eligibility requirements vary and may include length of service.
**Coverage begins with the pay period after hire date. Must enroll in New Hire Benefits within 30 days of the date of hire for coverage to take effect.
GEICO is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to cultivating an environment where equal employment opportunities are available to all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, familial status, disability or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law. GEICO celebrates diversity and believes it is critical to our success. As such, we are committed to recruit, develop and retain the most talented individuals to join our team.
To ensure our associates receive the training and support needed to excel and thrive, associates hired for this position are generally required to work at the GEICO building during their orientation period. GEICO follows federal and state guidance and legal requirements regarding measures designed to limit the spread of COVID-19, including masking and social distancing. Measures may vary by GEICO location.