View job on Handshake
At CMS, we believe that at the core of our organization are the employees that carry out the Agency’s vision of advancing health equity, expanding coverage, and improving health outcomes.
About the role:
As a Senior Research Manager (Supervisory Social Science Research Analyst on USAJOBS), you will direct staff through subordinate supervisors who are in turn responsible for directing a staff of social science research analysts and methodologists.
What you’ll do:
- Manages and directs the work of Subordinate Supervisors, Social Science Research Analysts, Health Insurance Specialists, Economists, Statisticians, and Programmers.
- Provides authoritative advice and guidance in the development of policies that incorporate the operational aspects of CMMI’s programs.
- Ensures that emerging technologies and patterns of care are evaluated to determine the applicability of existing policies and assess the need for change.
- Develops and maintains collaborative relationships through mutual understanding of provider and patient/beneficiary needs and concerns while engaging stakeholders in furtherance of CMS? goals of providing better care and better health at lower cost.
- Responsible for planning, organizing, directing, coordinating, and managing the resources required to assure the timely, accurate, and cost-effective accomplishment of the Group’s functional activities.
Experience we’re looking for:
1. Applying health economics, epidemiology or statistical techniques to manage a health services research portfolio.
2. Utilizing both quantitative methods and qualitative data to evaluate the effectiveness of health care programs.
3. Translating research methods and findings for lay audiences.
4. Managing or directing the work activities of heath service researchers.
In addition to meeting the qualification requirements, all candidates must have the following educational requirements:
Degree: behavioral or social science; or related disciplines appropriate to the position. (TRANSCRIPTS REQUIRED AT TIME OF APPLICATION)
Combination of education and experience that provided the applicant with knowledge of one or more of the behavioral or social sciences equivalent to a major in the field. (TRANSCRIPTS REQUIRED AT TIME OF APPLICATION)
Four years of appropriate experience that demonstrated that the applicant has acquired knowledge of one or more of the behavioral or social sciences equivalent to a major in the field.
Expanded/Maximum Telework Posture:
Due to COVID-19, the agency is currently in a maximum telework posture. If selected, you may be expected to telework upon your appointment. As employees are permitted to return to the office, you may be required to report to the duty station listed on this announcement within 30 calendar days of receiving notice to do so, even if your home/temporary telework site is located outside the local commuting area. Your position may be eligible for workplace flexibilities which may include remote work or telework options, and/or flexible work scheduling. These flexibilities may be requested in accordance with the HHS Workplace Flexibilities policy.
Come see why over 6,000 employees say CMS is their employer of choice! In addition to dynamic and exciting opportunities, CMS offers generous compensation and benefits programs, an outstanding work-life balance, and most important, the opportunity to give back to your community, state and country by making a difference in the lives of Americans everywhere.
You MUST apply through USAJOBS to be considered.
Apply by 4/25/22!