View job on Handshake
Who We Are:
SEIU 775 Benefits Group improves the health, skills and stability of the home care workforce — essential, front-line heroes.
We are the nation’s leading innovators in training, health, wellness, secure retirement and job-matching benefits for more than 45,000 Washington state home care workers.
Governed by a labor-management partnership of employers and SEIU 775, we have the power and passion to provide the benefits caregivers and their families need to thrive.
Location: Headquartered in Downtown Seattle, remote work possible from AZ, CA, CO, FL, NM, OR, TN, UT, VA, WA
Work Schedule: Our typical business hours are 8:30-5:00 Monday-Friday.
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Category: Full-Time, FLSA Exempt, Regular, Union
Physical Requirements: Must be able to sit and stand for long periods of the day.
About the Position:
Reporting to the Manager of Research Design and part of the Research Insights and Innovations (RII) Department, the Senior Quantitative Researcher will help us gain a better understanding of beneficiaries of our health, training, and retirement benefits, as well as our impact on key stakeholders like employers and clients. The Senior Researcher will use mixed methodology to address key research questions and guide study design, the development of research instruments including designing surveys, focus group / interview scripts, and the analysis and synthesis of study data. The Senior Researcher will also highlight research insights in reports, presentations, and stakeholder discussions for diverse audiences. The Senior Researcher will not just crunch numbers, but rather, offer in-depth understanding, explanation, and actionable steps from analyses as well as how to continue to improve our research quality and use. This role will serve as an internal consultant to all staff seeking guidance in research design and analysis. This role has the potential to be worked remotely.
This role requires deep cross-functional engagement with research partners (both within RII and externally), Benefits Group shared services teams, the Health, Training and Retirement Trusts and caregivers themselves to ensure relevant, efficient, high-quality and impactful work. Our ideal candidate has strong strategic, analytical, communication, and technical research skills and brings an enthusiastic can-do attitude to the team to improve the value we bring.
A successful candidate will be a strong communicator, solutions-oriented but problem-focused, agile, and skilled in collaborative approaches regarding research design, evaluation and measurement options.
- Help shape the research agenda and drive research projects from end-to-end
- Collaborate with research and business teams to define relevant questions and apply usable measurement strategies and methodologies to meet their business decision needs
- Develop novel approaches where traditional methods won’t do
- Deliver insights and recommendations clearly to relevant audiences
- Design, implement and manage all phases of study. For example:
- Develop research proposals, design and field questionnaires, conduct analyses, and present research findings and lessons learned
- Complete formative market research/literature reviews on a topic of interest and clearly distill the primary findings and application for the organization
- Scope the research questions that encapsulate the business problem/need and develop a qualitative interview guide/survey/mixed-methods study that could help answer the need.
- Develop an evaluation framework for measuring the impact of a service, product, or training provided by the Benefits Group
- Develop a deep understanding of specific client and industry issues
- Share best practices for research with key internal stakeholders
- Facilitate internal buy-in across the organization and with external stakeholders to obtain all approvals to close transactions
- Actively engage with multiple project teams simultaneously on project design
- Drive interpretation and presentation of research results in a visual and impactful user-friendly fashion; including the creation of dashboards and reports to present key insights to stakeholders
- Make recommendations on appropriate, right-sized research methodology and design that will deliver on organizational objectives
- Additional duties as assigned by your manager.
You Will Need to Have:
- A Master’s degree in public health, survey research, economics, statistics, informatics or other relevant field
- Comfort with data manipulation and statistical analysis software (e.g., Stata, SAS, SPSS, or R)
- Skills with Qualtrics or other survey platform or eagerness to learn
- 3+ years’ experience in health care, public health, epidemiological research, and/or related field answering social questions
- Knowledge in quantitative and survey research methodologies (e.g., descriptive analysis, bias correction for surveys, survey sampling and design, regression modeling, causal inference with a survey outcome and cross tabulations, power analysis, etc.)
- Familiarity or a willingness to learn some qualitative research methods and related work
- Excellent verbal, written, and visual communication skills with experience communicating analyses and results to any audience
- Experience translating research findings into strategic narratives
- A proactive mindset to anticipate business needs and apply cross-functional solutions
It Will Be Great If You Have:
- Experience researching and working on workforce development, turnover and retention, and career supports related research; or
- Experience researching and working with health care and training/education-related programs and supports.
- Knowledge of MedInsights and/or health care claims data, or a willingness to learn.
Statement of Affirmative Action
SEIU 775 Benefits Group is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status.