The Index Product Development Senior Analyst will be responsible for developing new indexes that will be benchmarks for financial products such as exchange traded funds (ETFs). The analyst’s main responsibilities will be the development of index rebalance and reconstitution models, the backtesting of those models, and the creation of client-facing analysis based on the results of that testing. As part of these responsibilities, the analyst will support activities across the index product life cycle – pitching new index ideas to clients, launching and operationalizing new indexes, and creating research content to educate investors on newly launched indexes.
What You Will Do:
- Develop indexes for benchmarking and third-party product creation based upon multiple asset classes from both client driven requests and original concepts. Asset classes include equities, options, fixed income, and crypto.
- Prepare and present customized client presentations including index backtests and comparative index and product performance analyses.
- Use a deep understanding of business/client needs and user experience to build/improve products.
- Fully own an index from development to launch.
- Possess a deep understanding of the competitive landscape and the trends in the business.
What We Expect:
- Commensurate experience (at least 2 years) and/or Degree qualified in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Business/Finance or related subject area.
- Strong writing and analytical skills with sharp attention to detail.
- Advanced technical proficiency with knowledge of SQL, R, Python, AWS, Databricks, and Microsoft Office.
- Education Required: Degree qualified in Computer Science, Business/Finance or related discipline, or equivalent work experience
- Experience Required: At least 2 years