View job on Handshake
The McDonald’s Global Data & Analytics Hub has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Manager, Enterprise Data Governance & Quality. This change agent will support the Enterprise Data Governance & Quality Lead by driving the development of McDonald’s enterprise-wide data governance, policies, standards, strategy, and processes. This individual will partner with global technology and various business teams (i.e., global insights, supply chain, operations, etc.) in assessing, improving, and maintaining data quality while communicating and managing key upstream governance activities. In addition, this role will support the administrative actions of the Enterprise Data Governance team.
- Supports the Enterprise Director with creating, communicating, and enforcing data governance policies, processes, and procedures for the organization
- Drives cultural change, ensuring data governance initiatives are understood and adopted by the organization
- Accountable for creation and maintenance of appropriate documentation / operating procedures for process work, and development of the business data glossary across data domains
- Coaches, mentors, and develops peers to promote data governance and foster data stewardship
- Assists in crafting leadership communications, planning sessions, and moderating Data Governance working team meetings
- In partnership with Business Data Stewards, take the lead in drafting data policies and standards based on a deep understanding of underlying business processes that impact data flow and cross-functional data usage.
- Collaborate with system and business owners on policy enforcement by leveraging regularly published data health index, as well as other creative solutions to drive compliance to data policies
- Synthesize and document data flows for critical business processes to maintain current data policies, inform any cross-org impact from proposed data changes, and provide a reference to strategic data initiatives.
- Own data integrity of Data Domains by establishing a data health monitoring system and maintaining data certification cadence to build trust in data for cross-org operational and analytic consumption
- Define methods for measuring and monitoring data quality and policy adherence
- Partner with business data and system owners to maintain data integrity of data at source systems
- Partner with the Data Management team to maintain data integrity of the Data Domains data in the enterprise data lake
- Support key strategic enterprise initiatives such as Digital Customer Loyalty Engagement, Pricing Engine, and Supply Forecasting
- Actively participate in the Information Governance Council to lead discussions on data policies, quality, and governance issues with cross-functional data stewards.
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of business functions, processes, and relationships as it relates to data
- Drive with thought leadership to develop effective data governance and master data management program for data domain(s)
- Bachelor’s degree in business, technology, engineering, or a related field
- 5+ years of experience with data management standards and practices and working with data governance programs
- Solid experience executing master data management initiatives and core data management practices
- Solid experience in the creation and maintenance of data policies and alignment with business data processes
- Experience managing metadata tools to grow and maintain data catalogs, data quality indexes and dashboards
- Solid understanding of data needs for analysis and business performance management
- Solid project management leadership
- Good interpersonal and communication/persuasion skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead a cross-functional team across distinct business units, work with and through others to achieve desired results
- Experience with data governance and data quality management tools, such as Informatica
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence as part of project workflow and documentation tools
- Experience with Agile project management methods and terminology
- Experience with creating SQL queries
Must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination by date of hire to be considered. Proof of vaccination required.
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.