We are in search of a talented Analytics professional to join our growing Data Science and Analytics organization. This role will be critical in helping modernize McDonald’s marketing, personalization, digital and corporate functions.
This dynamic individual will lead a small team of data scientists and data engineers and UX designers to deploy applied AI solutions into McDonald’s systems. This role will interact with both the central corporate headquarters as well as the various regional and global offices impacting all 118 countries.
We are looking for an experienced leader with a strong data science background and experience working with hardware and software teams to deploy AI solutions into corporate systems, across large, global markets, hands-on MLOps experienced is preferred. This will help the regions to drive and improve business results through data driven strategies, optimization, and automation.
In this role you will:
- Display Leadership/Team Orientation – Work collaboratively to achieve organization’s success. Effectively uses position and interpersonal skills, mobilizes and inspires others to take action (situational leadership). Willing and able to lead beyond area of expertise. Manage/Coordinate work of direct reports, including talent development and performance management.
- Coordinate with stakeholders within a specific business domain on use cases, including collaboration with IT and other corporate functions, markets and business groups. Achieve stretch results. Strong bias for action with sense of urgency and high energy. Practice collaborative working environment to achieve more.
- Hold self and others to high standards, Strive to stay ahead of technical/professional expertise, is proactive and inspires others to stay current in areas of technical expertise. Perform code reviews, research, technical problem solving, solution architecture.
- Business Management – Demonstrate sound business principles and planning processes and defines and measures results. Administrative, budgeting, etc.
- Serve as a champion for data and analytics, enabling our teams to see the power of their story through data and providing the mentorship and support for each global team.
- Maintain a focus on storytelling – understanding how data analytics can both tell, inform and drive improvement into the McDonald’s story.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with every department and region in need of data driven analytics.
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Math, Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering or similar technical fields
- Master’s degree in Data Science, Math or Data Analytics preferred but not required
- Technical knowledge in the analytics space and management of advanced analytics talent
- Experience managing technical teams, preferably in Artifical Intelligence, Machine Learning, Data Science, and Analytics
- Experience in developing and deploying solutions at the edge and integrating with legacy systems, including hands-on MLOps experience
- Previous corporate or consulting experience in managing analytical projects in large cross-functional organizations such as retail, restaurant or food service, CPG, financial services, etc.
- Strong understanding of data warehousing principles and big data architecture; prior experience in partnering with IT to drive large data management initiatives
- Proficiency with data science tools like Databricks, MLFlow, Sagemaker, Alteryx, Microstrategy and understanding of languages like R, Python and SQL
- Background in managing and/or working with real-time, streaming data sources
- Experience optimizing inference solutions for environments with limited compute power
- Experience with varied data environments and data storytelling
- Experience with visualization tools like Tableau, Looker, Power BI
- Experience with regression and other supervised and unsupervised Machine Learning modeling techniques, with the ability to explain these complex principles in simple understandable language
- Experience in natural language processing, voice recognition, and RPA automation highly preferred.
Must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination by date of hire to be considered. Proof of vaccination required.
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.