490 W. Los Angeles Ave, Simi Valley, 93065
Join our team!We are seeking a highly knowledgeable Senior Management Analyst with extensive transit legislation and reporting experience to join our Transit department. This position performs a wide variety of complex and diverse advanced level professional and technical administrative duties including those requiring a significant level of expertise in financial compliance with the Federal Transit Administration (FTA) and Transportation Development ACT (TDA), and reviewing and monitoring grants and expenditures received for compliance with local, state, and federal fund requirements; assumes responsibility for managing the more complex program areas; plans, coordinates, directs, and evaluates assigned systems, procedures and operations; and coordinates assigned operations and activities with other departments and outside agencies.
Pay range for this position is currently $3,279.20 – $4,210.40 bi-weekly
Effective 07/04/2022, pay range will increase to $3,336.00 – $4,284.00 bi-weekly
Our Minimum Qualifications for consideration are:
Education: Equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in public administration, business administration, or a related field.
Experience: Five years of increasingly responsible administrative, analytical and/or budgetary experience including two years of administrative and/or lead supervisory experience. Experience working with an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) System is highly desirable.
A full Job Description is available for review utilizing the link below:
Job Description URL:
Success in this position looks like:
- Adeptly monitoring and reporting on state & federal Transit grants.
- Adeptly monitoring and reporting on state and federal Transit financial reporting.
- Ensuring departmental adherence to local, state, and federal Transit legislation.
- Expertly performing Procurement, Budget, and Capital Project Coordination, reporting and reconciliations.
- Performing detailed and thorough analysis of accounts and projects using financial management software.
- Communicating effectively with City staff and working with individuals from multiple levels of the organization.
- Supervising and providing office management coordination.
We are proud to offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package in which medical is fully paid for most plans (including family coverage) as specified in the current employee group contract, a full calendar of employee appreciation events and activities, and many additional benefits including:
- 2% @ 55 CalPERS formula for Classic members (includes Individuals who were active members of a reciprocal public retirement system within the last six months, or were previously employed with the City of Simi Valley and enrolled in CalPERS prior to January 1, 2013), 4th Level Survivor Benefit, and single-highest year final compensation.
- 2% @ 62 CalPERS formula for New members, 4th Level Survivor Benefit, and three-year average highest final compensation.
- 401(k) with a Roth option; City match up to $200 per month. Employees may also participate in a 457 plan.
- The City does not participate in the Social Security system; therefore, there is no FICA deduction from wages except for Medicare hospital insurance protection.
- The City contributes $200/month to a health care reimbursement program for retiree medical.
- Health Insurance: Coverage available as early as 1st of the month following start date. A variety of PPO and HMO plans are available through the CalPERS Health Program. After the City contribution of $149 per month and up to $2,202.18 per month in “Simiflex Dollars,” Health insurance costs the employee $0 to $267.36 per month for family coverage depending on plan chosen. “Simiflex Dollars” can be used to offset the cost of medical, dental, and/or vision insurance, or other optional benefits. Medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts are also available.
- Prescription Drug Plan: Major retail options and mail order program.
- Dental Insurance: After the City contribution of up to $100 per month, Dental insurance from Delta Dental costs the employee $0 to $38 per month for family coverage depending on plan chosen.
- Vision Insurance: After the City contribution of $19.80 per month, Vision insurance from VSP costs the employee $2.66 per month for family coverage.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP): Confidential counseling and referral service to help employees and their household members resolve personal problems, provided by MHN.
- Optional Insurance from AFLAC: Available plans include accident, cancer, hospital and critical care.
- Paid Leave:
- 227.5 hours per year of paid time off (one bank of time that combines vacation and sick leave) which has the option to be cashed out. Accruals increase at 5 years and 10 years of service.
- 11 paid holidays per year and one floating holiday per year.
- Employee & Dependent Life Insurance, Short-Term & Long-Term Disability Plans provided at City expense.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Up to $1,600 per year.
- Alternative Work Schedules: Many positions offer a 9/80 schedule with alternative Monday or Friday off.
Resumes are not accepted in lieu of the City’s Application form. Employment applications and supplemental questionnaires must be complete, contain a minimum of ten years of experience (appropriately), and list gaps of employment.
Selection Process: Candidates who possess the best combination of qualifications will be invited to interview; an interview is not guaranteed.
Applicants seeking Veteran’s Preference must submit form DD214.
Reasonable Accommodation: In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need special assistance in the selection process, please notify the Human Resources Division, in writing.