Princess Cruises, Holland America Line, Seabourn and P&O Cruises Australia, united as Holland America Group, offering world-renown vacations at sea to travelers around the globe, are building a dynamic, unified organization to serve its highly experienced teams in both our corporate offices and on board our ships.
We’re looking for an amazing Senior Inventory Management Specialist to fill this role, which is based in our Seattle, WA or Santa Clarita, CA office. You’ll be responsible for playing a key role in the transformation of technical inventory planning and management at Holland America Group. With a fleet of 35+ ships, this role will be critical to the buildout and maturity of new planning and optimization capabilities designed to deliver better availability with a lower total cost of ownership.
Here’s a summary of what Holland America Group is looking for in its Senior Inventory Management Specialist. Is this you?
- Manage Inventory and Supply Planning process for planned and unplanned demand channels
- Develop and execute supply plans
- Balance inventory availability with total cost of ownership
- Collaborate closely with demand planning and procurement to meet and/or exceed availability SLA with shipboard teams
- Periodically update single/multi-echelon inventory optimization models
- Source, cleans and refresh model inputs
- Review and recommend changes to inventory segmentation strategy.
- Review and recommend changes to optimize service investment strategy (safety stock allocation)
- Model various network scenarios for each segment and make recommendations about optimal deployment node(s) to maintain availability while minimizing the total cost of ownership.
- Alleviate excess inventory
- Identify excess inventory per definition
- Partner with Asset Management team to review
- Collaborate with Operations/Logistics to develop and execute disposal plan
- Project Management
- Tools/ process assessment
- Process design & improvement
- Manage transportation operations, maximize freight loads while minimizing freight costs, ensure efficient use of transportation resources.
- Manage total systems costs by optimizing the flow of materials, economic ordering, and inventory management.
- Interpret financial data, translating value improvements to P&L impact; budgeting; understanding cost structures, the total cost of ownership (TCO), invoicing, payment terms, accounts payable, etc.
- Works around a structured project plan, follows up, manages projects and teams along with deliverables and milestones, can work on multiple projects.
- Creates diverse and novel ideas, creates and recognizes new patterns, demonstrates curiosity, accepts constructive criticism.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent Experience in Supply Chain, Industrial Engineering or Data Science.
- 5+ years of experience in one or more of the following areas: Supply Planning, Inventory Management, Supply Chain Analytics, Industrial Engineering
- Must have advanced proficiency in MS Excel and Inventory Optimization Tools
- Basic proficiency in SQL and MS Power BI
- Problem-solving, prioritizes alternatives, interest, and ability to learn, data gathering, cost analysis, and modeling, fact-based decision making, knowledge of excel or equivalent.
- Results-oriented; accountable; meets objectives/tasks; raises the bar; works with quality, on-time delivery; re-shuffles priorities quickly
- Keenness and quickness in understanding and dealing with a “business situation” (risks and opportunities) in a manner that is likely to lead to a good outcome; understand key business drivers for our company and suppliers.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills, can develop and deliver presentations, persuasive, answers challenging questions.
- Team player, builds trust, reliable, develops networks, understands the customer and meets needs, on-time delivery.
- Ability to set a vision for self or team, anticipate market changes, transform and continuously improve, define objectives and actions, set priorities, and mobilize teams.
- Various inventory planning methods to meet availability SLA while minimizing the total cost of ownership.
- Able to estimate expected demand and plan accordingly, schedule timetable of events, and decide when action will occur.
- Understand purchasing policies, procedures, company systems, and the link between sourcing and procure-to-pay
- Able to maintain and improve company processes that afford optimum operations and enhance the company quality management system. Able to understand and resolve process deviations.
- Understanding warehousing operations, maximizing freight loads while minimizing freight costs, ensuring efficient use of transportation resources.
- Understand the industry, state, and government regulations governing both warehousing and logistics functions as applicable. Always follow safety protocols. Complaint with required training.
- Understanding of the industry dynamics and regulations (eg management of bonded materials, knowledge of trade agreements, hazardous material handling laws, etc)
- APICS CSCP certification preferred.
- Cruise and Travel Privileges for You and Your Family
- Health Benefits
- Flex Friday
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Training & Professional Development
- Rewards & Incentives
Our Culture… Stronger Together:
Holland America is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)