Make an impact at a global and dynamic investment organization
When you invest your career in CPP Investments, you join one of the most respected and fastest growing institutional investors in the world. With current assets under management valued in excess of $500 billion, CPP Investments is a professional investment management organization that globally invests the funds of the Canada Pension Plan (CPP) to help ensure long-term sustainability. The CPP Fund is projected to reach $3 trillion by 2050. CPP Investments invests in all major asset classes, including public equity, private equity, real estate, infrastructure and fixed-income instruments, and is headquartered in Toronto with offices in Hong Kong, London, Luxembourg, Mumbai, New York City, San Francisco, São Paulo and Sydney.
CPP Investments attracts and selects high potential individuals from around the globe. Join our team and look forward to:
· Diverse and inspiring colleagues and approachable leaders
· Stimulating work in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging environment
· Accelerated exposure and responsibility
· Global career development opportunities
· Being motivated every day by CPP Investments’ important social purpose and unshakable principles
· A deeply rooted culture of Integrity, Partnership and High Performance
If you share a passion for performance, value a collegial and collaborative culture, and approach everything with the highest integrity, here’s an opportunity for you to invest your career at CPP Investments.
At CPP Investments, we are committed to helping you grow your skills and gain world-class experience. Working within a strong culture of collaboration, you will discover our rewarding and challenging internships. We have leaders who listen to every member of the team and trust them with meaningful work. This translates into immediate and unparalleled learning.
If you are a student who is looking for work experience, we want to help set you up for a future career that matters in fundamental investing. CPP Investments is highly committed to the Internship Program which is designed to attract, develop and retain top-caliber students. Upon completion of your term, you will be considered into the Fundamental Investments Program.
The summer program begins with a week-long Intern Orientation for you to engage with fellow Interns and learn about the resources and programs available to you. We offer company-wide departmental overviews for you to explore more about what we do at CPP Investments and give you the opportunity to gain exposure to senior leadership across the firm. You will quickly advance your knowledge and expertise through skills-based training and stimulating on-the-job assignments. You will participate in additional summer programming such as our Intern Case Competition and our Speaker Series where each session focuses on a different aspect of our culture including Employee Resource Groups, Inclusion & Diversity and much more. We encourage you to bring your full self to work and take every opportunity to excel in your role to build your career at CPP Investments.
As a summer intern you will work in CPP Investment’s newest office, San Francisco, and can expect a dynamic but supportive learning environment. Specifically, your responsibilities will include:
· Conducting research (including interviewing startups and Venture Capitalists) to identify specific technology trends and startups that may be able to provide transformative impact for the CPP investments’ departments and portfolio companies and prepare write-ups, presentations, and other forms of content to be shared with the relevant teams within CPP Investments.
· Supporting different investment teams in the San Francisco office (e.g., Venture Capital, Private Equity, Portfolio Value Creation) on their investment activities including market research, financial modeling, and writing and preparing research.
· Providing support to other initiatives in the SF Office including planning and building seminars and forums for external speakers and partners in the Bay Area.
You are a rising college junior ideally getting a degree in business, the social sciences, or physical sciences. In addition:
· You are passionate about disruptive technologies and the Bay Area startup ecosystem and how the activity here can impact larger corporations and investment decisions
· You have an interest in investing and how decisions are made on investing across public and private markets
· You excel at problem solving, attention to detail and ability to think critically and creatively
· You demonstrate strong interpersonal skills with solid verbal and written communication skills
Along the way you will gain insights into the Bay Area (and beyond) startup ecosystem and technology trends, as well as CPP Investments and its underlying investment beliefs and business realities that drive investment decisions. In return, we will invest the time, energy, and appropriate training, whereby our dedication to your success becomes a priority.
Reminder to please include a cover letter, resume, and transcripts (full unofficial version)
Deadline: November 8, 2021 at 8:00am EST
At CPP Investments, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
We thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact candidates selected to advance in the hiring process.
Our Commitment to Inclusion and Diversity:
In addition to being dedicated to building a workforce that reflects diverse talent, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible experience. If you require an accommodation for any part of the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms, etc.), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
CPP Investments does not accept resumes from employment placement agencies, head-hunters or recruitment suppliers that are not in a formal contractual arrangement with us. Our recruitment supplier arrangements are restricted to specific hiring needs and do not include this or other web-site job postings. Any resume or other information received from a supplier not approved by CPP Investments to provide resumes to this posting or web-site will be considered unsolicited and will not be considered. CPP Investments will not pay any referral, placement or other fee for the supply of such unsolicited resumes or information.