View job on Handshake
Mandiant Threat Intelligence’s On-Demand Analyst Support service within the Custom Intelligence, Synthesis, and Reporting (CISR) Team provides Mandiant customers with the ability to have our expert analyst team develop succinct, tailored deliverables answering the customer’s information needs and intelligence requirements. In support of this service, this role involves research, analysis, and writing short and long analytic reports in response to customer requirements.
Well-suited candidates are cyber threat intelligence generalists capable of responding to a wide range of questions related to cyber espionage, cyber crime, hacktivism, information operations, vulnerabilities, and/or enterprise cyber security questions. They will perform strategic, tactical, and operational research and analysis of adversarial cyber threats to provide timely, actionable, clear, and concise intelligence products to customers.
What You Will Do:
- Work with customers to determine their intelligence needs and requirements and to identify the most effective methods for fulfilling these unique requirements
- Use knowledge, creativity, and analytic tradecraft best practices to generate solutions to complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangible variables under conditions of uncertainty
- Correlate intelligence, to develop deeper understandings of tracked threat activity
- Produce custom analytic products (written products, briefings, and graphics) for customers and internal teams based on conclusions and judgments derived from Mandiant data sources and independent research
- Work independently to meet tight deadlines
- Work closely with the other Mandiant teams to contribute to intelligence products, collection processes, and the data model
- Collaborate across the organization to stay up-to-date on cyber developments, Mandiant analytic stances, and previous Mandiant reports and briefings
- Provide some level of off-hours support for customer requests on a rotating basis
- Maintain confidentiality and ethics within the framework of the engagement
- Provide input and expertise to peers in the form of analytic reviews
- Strong communication skills and the ability to build a compelling and effective analytic narrative
- 5+ years of experience in an analytical or operational role (e.g. intelligence, threat analysis, security consulting)
- 3+ years practical experience analyzing cyber threats and a basic understanding of technical and cyber security concepts
- Ability to express complex technical and non-technical concepts verbally, graphically, and in writing for generalist and specialist audiences
- Demonstrated success applying research methods and analytic techniques to independently address complex analytic problems
- Experience utilizing open source tools for analysis
- Ability to work as part of a fast-paced, distributed virtual production team with limited supervision and under tight deadlines
- Ability to participate and provide input during business-critical situations
- Strong interpersonal skills with a customer-oriented attitude
Desired Additional Qualifications:
- Familiar with some of the following areas and associated tools: intrusion operations, enterprise security controls, email analysis, log analysis, network flow and traffic analysis, malware triage, incident response processes, cyber attack lifecycles and models
- Familiar with programming in Python
- Foreign language skills
- Project and task management skills
- Experience providing briefings
As a U.S. federal contractor, Mandiant has adopted a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy to comply with our obligations under applicable laws and requirements. This position may be covered under Mandiant’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, as required in order to support federal contracts, access company offices and/or attend in-person meetings and work events. If covered under this policy, proof of vaccination against COVID-19 may be required as a condition of hire. At Mandiant we are committed to our #OneTeam approach combining diversity, collaboration, and excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Minimum Salary: $115,000. Final salary will be determined commensurately with cost of living, experience level, and/or any other legally permissible considerations.
Incentive Compensation: Eligibility for annual bonus subject to individual and company performance; eligibility for award of Restricted Stock Units subject to eligibility requirements, approval from FireEye’s Compensation Committee, and vesting terms
Benefits: Employer subsidized benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and Disability Insurance. Subject to eligibility requirements, Mandiant also offers the ability to participate in 401(k), Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Savings Accounts, Dependent Care Spending Accounts, and Employee Stock Purchase Program. FireEye also provides Paid Time Off, Flexible Paid Sick Time, and Paid Holidays.
*Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20)