View job on Handshake
Please note: In order to be considered for this position, you must apply directly via the Workday website.
In support of Global Navigation Satellite Systems, engage in and lead data analysis efforts and present results to internal and external stakeholders. In addition to personnel management and mentoring responsibilities, this role aids in assessing short and long term performance and trending of GNSS tracking receivers, GNSS observables, and GNSS broadcast messages, with a strong focus on process driven software development and creating reproducible workflows for analysis products.
- Hire, mentor, train, and evaluate performance of data analysts
- Perform analysis, statistical characterization, and interpretation of GNSS observation data and broadcast navigation message data.
- Design, develop, test, and deploy software for GNSS data analysis, automated reporting, and data processing pipelines.
- Communication of work process, products, and results, including code documentation, written reports, and briefs presented to stakeholders.
- Collaboration and coordination of work and planning across multiple teams for analysis, software development, documentation, and reporting.
- Professional development and other duties as assigned.
- Doctoral degree in physics, astronomy, statistics, computer science, computational science, or related discipline with strong emphasis on statistics and software development.
- Three years relevant professional work experience in data analysis, data engineering, or data science, with an emphasis on software development and deployment.
- Demonstrated ability to design, develop, analyze, test, debug, deploy, maintain, and support large and complex source code libraries.
- Demonstrated proficiency in using software development, statistics, scientific computing, and data visualization to produce actionable insights from data.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including demonstrated ability to communicate technical detail to staff and stakeholders of varying backgrounds and experiences.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively, both independently and collaboratively, with a strong commitment to contribution and enabling the entire team.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor or lead more junior personnel and students.
US Citizen. Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information at the level appropriate to the project requirements of the position.
- Specialized study or research in GNSS systems, GPS/GNSS signal structure, data science, time-series analysis, or scientific computing.
- Possess high degree of emotional intelligence
- Five years experience in data analysis specific to GNSS observation and navigation data.
- Five years experience in time-series data analysis, feature detection, modeling, and forecasting.
- Experience participating in an Agile project management structure.
- Demonstrated working knowledge or and competency applying many of the following; Programming languages: python, C, C++, Cython, FORTRAN, Julia, R; Scientific python stack: NumPy, SciPy, pandas, statsmodels, Matplotlib, Jupyter; DevOps, data engineering, and automation tools: bash, make, dask, pip, > conda, Docker, Slurm, SQL; Version control and collaboration tools: git, GitHub, GitLab, Jira.
An agency designated by the federal government handles the investigation as to the requirement for eligibility for access to classified information. Factors considered during this investigation include but are not limited to allegiance to the United States, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations, drug involvement, the likelihood of continuation of such conduct, etc.
Please mark “yes” on the application question that asks if additional materials are required. Failure to attach all additional materials listed below may result in a delay in application processing.