The Senior Financial Analyst/Grants Specialist is responsible for the Finance and/or Accounting activities of a portfolio of conservation and other units within the California Chapter and Pacific Division.
Generally responsible for the management, maintenance and reporting of financial data and/or the monitoring of management controls and processes to ensure compliance with TNC policies and procedures, relevant legal and regulatory frameworks, and financial/management best practice.
RESPONSIBILITIES & SCOPE
• Manages functional activity towards program’s strategic goals.
• Works toward meeting the strategic priorities of the program by developing and coordinating tactics for approved plans, completing and/or overseeing day-to-day tasks.
• Implements and manages new initiatives.
• Manages and implements multiple projects.
• Ensures the programmatic work is collaborative and well-integrated across organization.
• Works within a budget, negotiating and contracting with vendors.
• Decisions may bind organization financially and legally.
• May supervise one or more administrative or professional staff.
• Ensures programmatic commitments, TNC policies and procedures, financial standards and legal requirements are met and managed for compliance.
• Reinforces consistency in the organization’s policies and procedures and provides support related to relevant field.
• May manage or participate in complex negotiations.
• Reports to leadership on activities.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration and 5 years’ related experience or equivalent combination.
• Experience with accounting principles, practices and regulations.
• Experience recruiting, supervising and developing staff.
• Experience with GAAP.
• Experience, coursework or other training with U.S. Federal Uniform Guidance, state and local regulations, multilateral and international regulations, and standard contract clauses, as applicable.
• Multi-lingual skills and/or multi-cultural experience appreciated.
• Technical expert on complex accounting/financial issues. Advanced expertise in Microsoft Excel.
• Experience monitoring for and ensuring compliance with organizational policy, applicable law and regulation, and finance/accounting/management best practice.
• Experience analyzing a regulatory framework and applying it to the situation at hand.
• Expert knowledge of GAAP and/or relevant regulatory framework.
• Experience evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of management controls; interpreting guidelines and analyzing factual information to adapt or modify processes as needed.
• Ability to resolve complex issues independently within program area.
• Experience acting as a resource to others to solve problems.
• CPA or CIA a plus.
Salary Range: $88,000 – $118,000/annually depending on geographical location and experience.