RTI’s Office of Finance is seeking a senior-level Financial Analyst to support the Social, Statistical, & Environmental Sciences research group. In this role, you will be responsible for the daily financial management of a portfolio of research projects. You will be working closely with research staff in analyzing the financial status of research projects, performing risk assessments, and providing proactive guidance to business partners.
This role requires the capability to manage multiple complex projects with a high degree of autonomy while identifying and implementing process improvements that increase efficiency across the organization. You’ll need the ability to be resourceful and to take initiative in analyzing situations to assist in the development of solutions to difficult problems. This position provides a great opportunity to make a positive impact on the financial performance of the Institute.
Please add a cover letter when applying.
• Perform on-going project financial analysis; including ability to conduct profitability analysis, forecast costs, and analyze variances and fee deviations
• Perform on-going project review including; review of actual costs for proper charging and accuracy, review invoices, and support processing payment approvals
• Ensure that all projects are reviewed on monthly basis and summarization of financial condition of project is communicated to project leaders
• Provide effective guidance to project leader and team management regarding potential changes in statement of work requiring revised budgets
• Prepare monthly progress reports including project forecasts and resource projections for client
• Support preparation of continuation applications/carry over fund budgets; prepare add-on budgets
• Review initial project authorizations and project setup for accuracy, review/solicit guidance for understanding of relevant terms and conditions applicable to contract
• Provide overflow support for proposals as needed
• Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance with 6+ years of experience required or Masters degree with one year of relevant experience
• Relevant experience is defined as financial analysis work
• Knowledge of MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel
• Ability to obtain proper security clearances as noted by contracts
• Knowledge of US Government contractors, the Federal Acquisition Regulations a plus
• Ability to learn new systems and familiarity with accounting systems a plus
• Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and should not require now, or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa sponsorship
The anticipated pay range for this role is listed below. Our pay ranges represent national averages and may vary by location as a geographic differential may be applied to some locations within the United States.
RTI considers multiple factors when making an offer including, for example: established salary range, internal budget, business needs, and education and years of work experience possessed by the applicant. Further, salary is merely one element to our offer.
At RTI, we demonstrate our commitment to rewarding individual and team achievement through a total rewards package. This package includes (among other things) a competitive base salary, a generous paid time off policy, merit based annual increases, bonus opportunities and a robust recognition program. Other benefits include a competitive range of insurance plans (including health, dental, life, and short-term and long-term disability), access to a retirement savings program such as a 401(k) plan, paid parental leave for all parents, financial assistance with adoption expenses or infertility treatments, financial reimbursement for education and developmental opportunities, an employee assistance program, and numerous other offerings to support a healthy work-life balance.