Best Buy is the world’s largest multi-channel consumer electronics retailer with stores in the US and Canada. We are currently seeking Senior Financial Analysts to provide analytical support and thought leadership to help the organization make sound decisions as we execute on our 2020 Growth Strategy: “Building the New Blue”. This exciting and transformational work will need finance leaders with an entrepreneurial spirit, intellectual curiosity, a willingness to take risks and a continuous learning mindset.
As a Senior Financial Analyst (SFA) you will be a key business partner supporting one of several functional areas including but not limited to Merchandising, Marketing, Digital and Technology, Selling Channels, Supply Chain, Real Estate, Enterprise Finance, Financial Services or Capital. The focus of the SFA will be on evaluating new business initiatives and driving financial performance through effective planning, analysis and performance management. These highly collaborative and cross functional roles provide ample opportunity to have a meaningful impact on Best Buy’s growing business.
• Support our financial rhythms including monthly forecasts, month-end variance analysis, management reporting, annual budgeting, and long-range financial planning.
• Deliver in-depth modeling and analysis that supports transformational efforts and strategic growth opportunities.
• Identify and communicate business risks and opportunities to leadership while working to formulate initial action plans that mitigate risks and/or maximize opportunities.
• Prepare financial reporting & presentations that break down problems into critical components and drive actionable insights.
• Cultivate finance/business relationships, which include learning the business, responding to evolving priorities and understanding the impacts of decisions on key stakeholders.
• 1.5+ years of work experience in a Finance or Accounting capacity
• Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills
• 5+ years of experience in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business, or related field.
• Demonstration of leadership and strong critical thinking skills
• Excellent analytical, written, and verbal communication skills
• High level of ethics, integrity, judgment, discretion, and confidentiality
• Ability to manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously and drive projects to completion without explicit direction or detailed instructions
• CPA or MBA