Best Buy is the world’s largest multi-channel consumer electronics retailer with stores in the US and Canada. We are currently seeking Senior Financial Analysts to provide analytical support and thought leadership to help the organization make sound decisions as we execute on our growth strategy. The focus of the SFA will be on evaluating new business initiatives and driving financial performance through effective planning, analysis, and performance management. These highly collaborative and cross functional roles provide ample opportunity to have a meaningful impact on Best Buy’s growing business.
The current SFA openings include:
Financial Services: The Financial Services SFA role is a key resource for the Financial Services team helping support the My Best Buy Credit Card, Progressive Leasing, and Buy-Now-Pay-Later (BNPL) programs. Individuals will be expected to take a lead role in budgeting/ forecasting and creating ad-hoc analysis for new initiatives and decision support.
Category: This Senior Financial Analyst will be a subject matter expert and copilot for a Category team like Mobile Phones, Console Gaming or Audio & Premium. The SFA works closely with Category Leaders and their teams to drive desired business and financial outcomes and support of strategies through effective planning, analysis and performance management.
Consult and Design: The Consult and Design (C&D) SFA role will be an integral part of the premium sales (formerly MDC, PAC SWAS, IHA) leadership team. This individual will review weekly and monthly financials, forecast future business, and undertake a wide variety of ad-hoc projects to help create the best possible premium labor model.
Real Estate: The Real Estate SFA is a key member of the Properties Finance team and will directly support the U.S. Blue-Book process which serves as the platform for lease related decisions including investments, divestments, renewals, relocations, new store openings and remodels for our domestic real estate portfolio. The Senior Financial Analyst will work across multiple functions including, but not limited to: Real Estate, Construction, Market Analysis, Finance and Controllership.
This is a hybrid role working out of the Richfield, MN Headquarter location.
Overall Key Responsibilities:
- Support our financial rhythms including monthly forecasts, month-end variance analysis, management reporting, annual budgeting, and long-range financial planning
- Deliver in-depth modeling and analysis that supports transformational efforts and strategic growth opportunities
- Identify and communicate business risks and opportunities to leadership while working to formulate initial action plans that mitigate risks and/or maximize opportunities.
- Prepare financial reporting & presentations that break down problems into critical components and drive actionable insights
- Cultivate finance/business relationships, which include learning the business, responding to evolving priorities and understanding the impacts of decisions on key stakeholders
- 1.5 or more years of work experience in a Finance or Accounting capacity
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills
- 5 or more years of experience in Finance, Accounting, or related field
- Demonstration of leadership and strong critical thinking skills
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative and cross-functional team environment
- Excellent analytical, written, and verbal communication skills
- High level of ethics, integrity, judgment, discretion, and confidentiality
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously and drive projects to completion without explicit direction or detailed instructions
- Advanced Excel skills
- MBA or CPA