View job on Handshake
Job Description Summary:
Works collaboratively within a multi-functional team of clinicians, data analysts, faculty and scientists to solve clinically relevant problems related to optimizing patient care and outcomes. Leverages knowledge of statistics, machine learning and programming to solve computational and analytic challenges.
- Utilize creative and innovative thinking with a focus on novel approaches to solve computational and analytic challenges related to health outcomes.
- Applies knowledge of statistics, machine learning, programming, data modeling, simulation, and advanced mathematics to clinically relevant problems to improve health outcomes and healthcare operations.
- Works collaboratively and contributes intellectually to a team of physicians, mathematicians, and programmers working to apply complex analytic methods to clinically relevant problems related to optimizing patient care.
- Uses software such as Python, R, SQL, Hadoop and others to code deep learning / computational intelligence applications.
- Participate in model validation and verification efforts for models built by other Data Scientists.
- Produce innovative solutions driven by exploratory data analysis from complex and high-dimensional datasets.
- Draft and review manuscripts for high impact publications, as required.
Work is typically performed in an office environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all organization policies and procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job.
*Relevant experience may be a combination of related work experience and degree obtained (PhD = 4 years).