Who we are ✨
Snackpass is building the social layer for local commerce, starting with restaurants. We believe that in 5 years, restaurants will be entirely cashier-less. Snackpass mobile order and kiosk are the next generation of the in-store customer experience, replacing traditional registers. We enable mobile ordering, group buying, and social rewards for users. On our platform, restaurants grow their brand by converting offline purchasers into digital followers, while saving on labor costs. At over $60m in annual GMV, Snackpass is one the largest social commerce platforms in the US, one of the fastest growing marketplaces, and a top 100 YC company. We’re backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Y Combinator, First Round Capital, Craft Ventures, and General Catalyst. We built this all with a team of under 40 people, growing 7x YoY. And we’re just getting started. The environment at Snackpass is high impact, fast paced, and empowering for everyone. We are growing fast and looking for hungry and humble builders to join us in any of our hubs (NYC, SF, LA) or remotely.
While we’ve seen the rise of online delivery apps, delivery makes up less than 10% of the restaurant market. The rest — takeout and dine-in — remains offline, anonymous, and on the verge of disruption. There is a $600B opportunity to make offline takeout and dine-in transactions digital, self-service, and connected, and we’re leading this movement.
About the role ✨
Projects you’ll be working on 💻
- Build ETL processes with Python and Apache Airflow
- Create data models to underpin our inference and analytics infrastructure
- Build pipelines to efficiently serve data to production inference services
- Write data quality tests to monitor the integrity of operation-critical data sources
What we’re looking for 👀
- 5+ years of industry experience as a data engineer
- 5+ years of each of the following:
- Python development experience
- SQL Experience
- Experience with workflow management engines such as Apache AirFlow (strong preference for AirFlow, but others may suffice)
- Custom ETL Design, Maintenance, and Implementation
- Experience with automated data quality testing
- Experience with data warehouses such as Google BigQuery or AWS Redshift
- Exposure and experience to high-quality data engineering orgs, you know what we need to build to scale our data infrastructure for the future
- Share our values – We also believe in simplicity, team programming, growing together and learning from our mistakes.
Nice to haves:
- BA/BS in a quantitative field
- Experience designing and implementing real-time pipelines
- Experience working with NoSQL data and databases such as MongoDB
- Experience with SQL performance tuning and E2E process optimization
- Experience with anomaly/outlier detection
- Experience with analytics tools such as Looker or Tableau
- Experience with Segment
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Unlimited paid time off and 12 paid holidays
- Remote friendly
- Home office stipend
- Professional development stipend
- Flexible hours
- Ample Snackpass swag
- 12 weeks paid parental leave
- Employee referral bonus program
Snackpass is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. In fact, we are confident that the most inclusive and diverse teams accomplish the most extraordinary results.
- We are currently not sponsoring H1B visas or transfers at this time. We will consider candidates with OPT for internship positions only. Other immigration needs will be reviewed on a case by case basis.