Who we are
Altus Group is a leading provider of software, data solutions and technology-enabled expert services to the global commercial real estate (CRE) industry. We are a single provider of end-to-end CRE solutions empowering clients to make informed decisions and drive strategic growth.
Headquartered in Canada, we have approximately 2,250 employees around the world, with operations in North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific. We are at the center of what drives the real estate industry and continue to break ground every day with innovative solutions and best practices that touch every aspect of the real estate life cycle.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager we are looking for an ETL-savvy Senior Data Engineer to join and help lead our growing team; someone who thrives in an autonomous and dynamic environment. You will build new data products and features in collaboration with multiple teams, solving complex data problems in resolution, linkage, and classification. You will be a subject matter expert on how data sources and data science models are combined to create output servicing our applications.
What’s in it for you
Impact and exposure. Data is the future and our present. You will apply and grow your skills in big data, functional programming, machine learning, and data science helping to advance engineering efforts targeted at problems not yet solved in the industry. This is a newly acquired, innovative and responsive product team undergoing an exciting transformation and alignment with Altus. This is a chance to join an engineering team as they ramp up their work, reach and impact; and a chance to define and build out your role. You will have your voice heard as you work across teams and independently to implement best practices and build exciting new solutions.
Career Development. You want to be part of a global company that is forward-thinking and setting the standards in Real Estate technology. Your career opportunities will increase as we continue to scale as a company and as a team, including the chance to grow your skills, and your influence on this team or on another product team.
As our new Senior Data Engineer you will focus on:
- Design and development. You will contribute to the architecture and implementation of our knowledge graph. You will write high-quality code, participate actively in code reviews, and consistently help to ship software. You will design workflows in Scala.
- The data pipeline. You will lead the integration of new data, the improvement of existing data, and the productionalization of machine learning and data science efforts. You will create frameworks that ensure ongoing, consistent quality, maintenance, optimization, and operation of the data pipeline.
- Collaboration. You will work closely with the R&D team to design, build and improve the complex data layer; and provide ongoing feedback to the product team on improving graph quality and coverage. You will play a critical role on the team and at Altus to meet the current and anticipated needs of our clients. You will increase data accessibility and foster data-driven decision-making in the global CRE industry.
Our new Senior Data Engineer has:
- The knowledge. You share our belief that as data engineers, our job is to put together a transparent and holistic view of the world from a data perspective. With 5+ years in software development, you are deeply familiar with best practices in Computer Science, building B2B products, developing and advancing workflow, and working with big data and machine learning. Ideally, you have exposure to graph technology.
- The technical expertise. You have strong working and conceptual knowledge of building and maintaining custom analytical solutions and data pipelines. You have experience using Scala, and Java or Python as well as Apache Spark or another distributed data processing framework (Beam, Flink).
- The relationship-building expertise. You have an appreciation for cross-team collaboration, particularly with our data scientists and API engineers. You can influence work in a multi-functional team environment with rapidly changing priorities under tight deadlines. You have flexible communication and documentation skills, confidence in making presentations, and can leverage communication tools. You can translate technical data and development concepts for a non-technical audience.
- The drive to continuously improve. You can anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of internal teams and external clients, and you are driven to meet or exceed their expectations. You are a forward thinker and can innovate solutions to keep the data products – and the business – moving forward.
Come realize your potential at Altus Group!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Need any more reasons to join Altus?
In 2005, we started with 400 employees and have grown exponentially to over 2,250 around the globe today. Altus Group employees don’t see boundaries, they see opportunity. They deliver results for our clients and our company and are recognized and rewarded for the value they create. This is an opportunity to work on multiple projects that encompass many industries, geographic reach, and high profile design.
At Altus, we want you to realize your potential. We value collaboration and knowledge sharing of best practices. We support professional growth and we actively seek out ideas. This is the place to present the newest research, to introduce the coolest tech, and see it come to fruition and be applied. Your work will make a difference.
Altus Group isn’t just about the amazing work we do. We work hard to create a dynamic company culture that reflects the values of our employees and what motivates them individually and as a team:
Altus Cares – We are always seeking ways to give back to our communities, and support causes important to our employees. We are actively involved in local charity work and we believe in laying the groundwork for a more prosperous future. Our personal highlight is our involvement with Ronald McDonald house in four different countries where we volunteer every September as a company.
Education – We believe our employees represent the best this industry has to offer and we want to reflect their commitment to education and continued learning.
At Altus Group, we are proud to say that many of our teams are comprised of members who have been here five years or longer. We think that speaks volumes about our atmosphere and our people.
Opportunity awaits – come realize your potential at Altus Group!