View job on Handshake
Trupanion is a leading provider of medical insurance for cats and dogs in North America. Our mission is to help the pets we all love receive the veterinary care they need. At Trupanion, we offer a collaborative, casual, and pet-friendly environment where everyone is encouraged to be themselves.
The Customer Insights team at Trupanion is looking for a curious and pet loving analyst to join our team. We need a driven analyst who can creatively come up with data-focused solutions to problems through inquiry, data collection, analysis and collaboration with leaders in customer experience and marketing to drive change. Successful candidates will have unbridled curiosity, enjoy solving complex problems and share our love of data and pets!
Candidates for this position have the option to work remotely from anywhere in the US, or out of our Seattle office, depending on their preference.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Foster effective working relationships with fellow analysts and business partners to create an environment of knowledge sharing
- Ability to see to the core of a problem, understanding the “why” behind a question
- Observant and inquisitive, discovering opportunities to use data to better understand our customers
- Extract and reconcile data from our robust data warehouse or identify and strategize new data to be collected through third party partnerships, surveys and more
- Conduct primary and secondary customer research with focus on both quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Apply advanced statistical and analytical techniques to derive meaning from data with a focus on impact
- Present findings to business partners, often collaborating to develop and implement action plans
- Monitor results through performant dashboards, rinse and repeat
Please include a cover letter with your application.
- 5+ years’ experience of data extraction and manipulation (eg SQL), statistical analysis and other modeling techniques
- 3+ years leading or mentoring junior analysts
- 3+ years using data to drive strategy
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Comfortable working on complex and ambiguous problems
- Highly driven and motivated to work in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Advanced experience with data analysis including applying statistical methods and modeling techniques
- Advanced experience with data visualization platforms (Tableau preferred)
- Experience with research and survey methodology preferred
- Flexible to work independently and in a team-based environment
Benefits and Perks:
- Bonus opportunities
- Full medical, dental, and vision benefits at no cost to the employee
- Four weeks paid time off and 9 paid float holidays (you can decide which days are most important to you!)
- Five-week sabbatical after five years of employment
- Restricted Stock Units
- Open, casual, pet-friendly, and fun office environment
- Free medical health insurance for your pet (1 dog or cat)
- Paid time off to volunteer at nonprofit organizations
- Seattle Office Amenities: Free on-site gym, free dog walking services for office pets during business hours, free parking, and paid ORCA cards.
We’re all about helping pets. We promote a cohesive and nimble team environment, and we hire, develop and promote team members. We trust each other. We are transparent and honest. We care about one another and want to see our team members succeed, personally and professionally. We strive to promote from within and reduce bureaucracy to allow creative thinking. We’re focused on providing continuous training and support to all team members to encourage long-term happiness and success.
Trupanion Team DNA:
At Trupanion, we achieve great things together when we are:
- Caring: We are kind to each other and assume positive intent.
- Collaborative: We work together to achieve company goals (we not me).
- Courageous: We are determined, take risks, and make bold moves.
- Curious: We seek new information to continually better ourselves and our work.
- Honest: We believe candid communication leads to successful teamwork.
- Inclusive: We welcome and value all people and perspectives.
- Nimble: We readily adapt and evolve in pursuit of progress and innovation.
Trupanion is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, abilities, perspectives, and skills.
We will ensure that individuals are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodations.