thredUP is transforming resale with technology and a mission to inspire a new generation of consumers to think secondhand first. By making it easy to buy and sell secondhand, thredUP has become one of the world’s largest resale platforms for women’s and kids’ apparel, shoes and accessories. Sellers love thredUP because we make it easy to clean out their closets and unlock value for themselves or for the charity of their choice while doing good for the planet. Buyers love shopping value, premium and luxury brands all in one place, at up to 90% off estimated retail price. Our proprietary operating platform is the foundation for our managed marketplace and consists of distributed processing infrastructure, proprietary software and systems and data science expertise. In 2018, we extended our platform with thredUP’s Resale-As-A-Service (RaaSⓇ), which facilitates modern resale for a number of the world’s leading brands and retailers. thredUP has processed over 125 million unique secondhand items from 35,000 brands across 100 categories. By extending the life cycle of clothing, thredUP is changing the way consumers shop and ushering in a more sustainable future for the fashion industry.
How You Will Make An Impact:
At thredUP, we’re working to revolutionize the clothing industry and we’re looking for a results-driven Senior Data Analyst who can dive into our data and help bring our acquisition and growth efforts to the next level. As part of our Data Science team, you will work cross-functionally to extract insights about the performance of our marketing efforts and help to design a delightful experience for users from the very first touchpoint. You’ll also be involved in our growth marketing efforts to help us scale efficiently. If you get excited about data-driven decision making, we’d love to hear from you.
In This Role You’ll Get To
- Analyze marketing channel efficiencies to ensure we are taking the right calculated risks
- Partner with the growth marketing team to advance our attribution methodology as we take a full funnel approach to marketing and navigate evolving privacy regulations
- Provide insights that will help enhance our understanding of customer lifetime value
- Design, configure, and analyze experiments that uncover fundamental truths about our customer and drive business growth
- With customer experience and growth top of mind, work with cross functional teams to build site features, advance our notification strategy, and design high-impact promotional events
- Discover and surface key data points and create and maintain KPI dashboards on marketing performance to support decision making
What We’re Looking For
- 3 or more years of demonstrated ability as part of an analytics team
- Prior experience working in B2C marketing analytics
- Ability to effectively work with business and product leads; strong cross-functional communication skills that help push projects forward and encourage the development of new collaborations
- Innate curiosity and drive to find insights that unlock new growth or efficiency – you can’t help but dig in and seek the truth
- Fluent in SQL and advanced proficiency with Excel / Google Sheets, and comfortable with a programming language such as Python, R, or Spark
- Familiarity with business intelligence tools like Looker and Amplitude or similar
- Well-rounded skill set that includes some of each of the following statistical analysis techniques: linear regression, time series analysis, experimental design, hypothesis testing, and A/B testing
What We Offer:
– 4-day work week with Fridays off
– Competitive salary (we leverage market data) + stock
– Employee stock purchase plan
– Flexible PTO (take the time you need) + 13 company holidays (US offices)
– Paid Sabbatical after 3 years of full time employment
– Generous paid parental leave for new mothers and fathers
– Medical, dental, vision, 401k, life and disability insurance offered
– We live by our Core Values of Transparency, SpeakingUP, Thinking Big, Infinite Learning, Influencing Outcomes & Seeking the Truth
– Voted “50 Most Innovative Companies of 2020”
– RaaS – Finalist in Fast Company’s World Changing Ideas Awards 2021
– 2021 FORTUNE Change the World Finalist
We believe diversity, inclusion and belonging is key for our team.
At thredUP, our mission has been built on extending the lives of millions of unique clothing items. Much like our inventory, we are proud to have fostered a workplace that is one-of-a-kind. As a company focused on diversity, inclusion and belonging, we are committed to ensuring our employees are comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work every day. A unique perspective is critical to solving complex problems and inspiring a new generation to think secondhand first. Be you.