Applied Research Associates, Inc. (ARA) seeks an experienced Cyber Security Analyst to aid in creating, improving and integrating cyber vulnerability assessment methodologies and capabilities in support of cyber resiliency operations. Duties will consist of leveraging and applying cyber effects knowledge and experience to generate and evaluate developing technologies and methodologies for cyber-enabled planning and vulnerability assessment of IP and embedded system operations.
The successful applicant will perform as a Cyber Operations SME providing relevant expertise to a project team developing model-based cyber planning capabilities to meet Air Force requirements in support of multi-domain operations. Position will require the analysis of large amounts of structured and unstructured data to analyze, characterize, and model IP and embedded system network environments, as well as survey modern threat capabilities and profiles to quantify effects. Position requires the ability to identify hardware, software, and firmware vulnerabilities through open-source research and on-keyboard test and evaluation. You will propose, record, and implement new requirements, processes, procedures, and activities as directed to support related model-based integration responsibilities for the Air Force and Joint communities.
Our development approach relies on team members communicating and collaborating across multiple intelligence and operational disciplines, defense customers and providers, and multiple geographic locations. Creativity, flexibility, and sound analytical techniques are vital to the performer successfully accomplishing these tasks. Additionally, the position will require daily interaction with the supported user group to capture high-level user requirements and document use cases that can be integrated into capability development planning. The successful applicant will support ARA’s growing work in providing integrated, collaborative, relevant, and state-of-the-art solutions to Joint and Service warfighters. Occasional travel may be required for this position.
Senior Cyber Security Analyst Requirements:
- Active Secret Security Clearance
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent DoD training and/or relevant experience) or higher with a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- 7-9 years experience in either
- DoD based cyber resiliency and vulnerability assessment knowledge
- Penetration testing of IP/TCP or embedded systems
- Vulnerability analysis, penetration testing, Network vulnerability assessment, and SCADA/ICS cyber experience/knowledge
- Familiarity with DOD Modeling and Simulation tools applicable to vulnerability analysis of cyber systems (ACAS, SCAP, etc.)
- Experience or knowledge of researching, eliciting, defining, and refining vulnerabilities for cyber systems
Senior Cyber Security Analyst Preferences:
- Top Secret/SCI with active CI poly Security Clearance
- Completion of an Air Force or Joint Cyber Operations training course
- Experience on a military Red Team, CVPA, or AA mission team
- Experience in the use of network simulation software such as the Microsoft Visio suite of tools or equivalent
- Familiarity with topics like MITRE ATT&CK, NVD, CVSS, and other current Cyber Security tools and terminology
- Programmatic experience with cyber resiliency operations and capability development/requirement creation efforts
- Experience with Metasploit, Cobalt Strike, and other penetration testing toolsets
- Operational experience integrating cyber planning, execution monitoring, and assessment considerations with vulnerability assessment cycle operations
- Software developer skills (particularly application programming interface efforts) in Java, Python, and other modern scripting languages
- DoDD 8140 (DoDD 8570) Information Assurance Technical (IAT) – Level III Certification
- Additional relevant certifications, such as CEH, OSCP, GCIH, GPEN, CISSP, etc.
Applied Research Associates, Inc. (aka ARA) is an employee-owned international research and engineering company known for providing technically superior solutions to complex and challenging problems in the physical sciences. We were founded in Albuquerque, NM in 1979 as the disco era was, thankfully, closing out and the personal computer era was beginning. We employ over 1,500 professionals and continue to grow. ARA offices throughout the U.S. and Canada provide a broad range of technical expertise in defense, civil, and health technologies, computer software, and simulation, systems analysis, environmental technologies, and testing and measurement.
ARA also prides ourselves on having a challenging culture where innovation & experimentation are the norm. At ARA, employees are our greatest assets, so we give our employees the tools, training, and opportunities to take active roles as owners. The motto, “Engineering and Science for Fun and Profit” sums up the ARA experience. The company realizes employee ownership spawns greater creativity and initiative along with higher performance and customer satisfaction levels. We are also very proud of our Women’s Initiative Network (WIN) whose purpose is to motivate, support, and encourage professional career development for women to maximize career and professional accomplishments.