Senior Compensation Analyst
Reports To: Compensation Manager
Duty Days: 238 Days
Wage/Hour Status: Exempt
Pay Grade: B04
Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field
Three to five years compensation, payroll, or accounting experience
Understanding of basic compensation, payroll and/or accounting methodology Familiar with spreadsheet and personal computer applications
Able to work with minimal supervision
Provides salary administration support to Compensation Director. Manages bi-weekly and semi-monthly personnel actions and audit reports.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for processing and approving all personnel actions for the bi-weekly and semi-monthly payrolls for area of responsibility
- Respond to pay issues related to the bi-weekly and semi-monthly payrolls.
- Responsible for completing the bi-weekly and semi-monthly audit reports.
- Assist the Compensation Director with the district’s annual salary and budget preparations.
- Assist with preparing and maintaining the annual teacher hiring schedule and the non-teacher pay ranges.
- Assist with new school year salary, accrual, stipend, and years of service updates and review.
- Responsible for generating annual salary notifications.
- Determine salaries for new hires, changes of assignment, and transfers. Calculate payoffs for employees terminating and changing assignments.
- Responsible for completing and submitting annual TASB surveys including the District Personnel, Stipend, and Superintendent surveys. Assist with other salary surveys that the district either conducts or participates in.
- Collaborate with HR Coordinators responsible for staffing. Approve Years of Service forms related to determining salaries.
- Responsible for the verification and approval of bi-weekly and semi-monthly employee leave calculations. Resolves any issues related to leave calculations.
- Assist the Compensation Director with calculations related to the annual additional staffing and reclassifications projects.
- Works closely with Compensation Specialists and Staffing/Data Analysts.
- When needed, serves as a liaison between Human Resources, Payroll, and Finance.
- Assists in maintaining the integrity of the HR/Finance system.
- Assists in the training of new staff.
- Remain current and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Personal computer, printer, copier, calculator and fax machine.
Maintain emotional control under stress. Occasional prolonged and irregular hours. Prolonged use of the computer. Repetitive hand motions.
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.
Primary Location HUMAN RESOURCES
Salary Range Per Day
Shift Type Full-Time