Senior Manager, Impact and Evaluation
To empower the youth in our community with equitable access to social, academic, and career opportunities to thrive
All youth grow up to lead fulfilling lives fueled by their passions, talents, and a love of learning
OUR CORE VALUES
Curiosity, Respect, Ownership, Ganas, Unity, Equity
Would you like to be part of a team dedicated towards reducing the opportunity gap for low-income youth? Do you have a passion for measuring impact and effectively communicating results? Are you a strategic thinker with strong analytical skills? Are you ready to lead evaluation oversight for a vibrant, entrepreneurial nonprofit in the heart of Silicon Valley? Can you create a data-informed culture? Apply today to be the Senior Manager of Business Analyst, Impact and Measurement with the Boys & Girls Clubs of the Peninsula.
The Boys & Girls Clubs of the Peninsula (BGCP) is the largest expanded learning time organization in Silicon Valley, serving over 2,500 K-12 students at 17 sites in East Palo Alto, Menlo Park, and Redwood City. In neighborhoods where 1/3 of the youth drop out of high school, BGCP members learn the importance of education and become part of a community of learners, wanting and expecting to succeed in school. In three clubhouses and fourteen school sites, we implement proven social and academic interventions that most impact a child’s achievement in school and in life.
As Senior Manager of the Impact and Measurement team, you will be instrumental in building our data culture and measuring our impact. You will report to the Senior Director of Measurement and Impact.
What will you do?
Data Analysis & Program Evaluation:
- Lead, design, and build a suite of internal and external reports on BGCP’s programmatic and organizational health and progress toward goals. This includes weekly and monthly scorecards and organizational dashboards, the annual Report to Stakeholders, and long-term programmatic outcomes tracking.
- Partner with program staff to define BGCP’s target outcomes and develop tools to measure them in the short term and the long term.
- Transform complex data analyses into clear, concise, and accurate language that can be understood by people who may not be experts in these fields
- Partner with site and administrative leaders to build and analyze staff, student, and parent surveys that align with the organization’s strategic objectives
- Create and administer staff trainings and presentations as assigned
External & Internal Partnerships:
- Build rigorous organizational data culture at-large, including the use and reflection of data at the team and organizational level
- Manage interns/fellows, external contractors, and I&M team members
- Engage external partners in continual dialogue to communicate and get feedback on our strategy
- Provide timely and actionable data to teams and facilitate data-based conversations that use data as the driver for change. Understand that data is just the beginning of the conversation for facilitating change and change requires ongoing relationship building and trust from program staff.
What qualifications will the ideal candidate have?
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Master’s degree preferred in a field related to education or psychology research or similar field
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Excellent analytic skills that include proficiency in Tableau, R, SPSS or similar systems
- Experience in Salesforce or Qualtrics a plus
- Experience leading research, program evaluation, and/or assessment efforts
- Demonstrated success in designing and implementing evaluation, including defining process and systems for data collection and analysis
- Excellent analytic and presentation skills including the ability to present data, facilitate working sessions, and provide organizational leadership
- Strong written communications, demonstrable ability to communicate complex concepts to a variety of audiences
- Passion for helping low-income youth succeed in school
Salary & Benefits
- Salary: Very competitive with other nonprofits and commensurate with experience
- Health benefits: 100% of employee premiums for medical/dental/vision; 50% for dependents
- Retirement benefits: 10% 401(k) plan contribution after one year of employment
- Generous paid time-off policy
- Making the community a great place for?all?youth to grow up: priceless