Great Lakes NeuroTechnologies is a fast-growing medical device company with an immediate job opening for a Senior Biomedical Engineering Researcher. Due to our continued growth in R&D, we are seeking someone to initiate and lead new biomedical research, especially in movement disorders diagnostics and therapeutics. Job functions include developing new algorithms and signal processing techniques, completing the clinical validation of such techniques, publishing results in peer-reviewed journals, grant writing, and project management.
Duties and Responsibilities (include, but not limited to):
· Conceive, develop, and pursue new research concepts and technologies.
· Develop and implement novel algorithms and techniques. Analyze data acquired from human subjects to establish the clinical utility of novel methods.
· Organize research activities to gather preliminary data to confirm viability of new ideas.
· Conduct clinical trials, present results at conferences, and publish results in peer reviewed journals.
· Coordinate R&D programs to accomplish established statements of work, schedules, and budgets.
· Establish and foster collaboration with various research and clinical institutions that are leaders in movement disorders research. Organize collaborative efforts for gathering clinical data to support R&D efforts.
· Identify prospective funding opportunities. Propose new ideas with high likelihood of being funded as per topics set by funding agencies such as NIH and NSF.
· Plan, coordinate, and write grant proposals to ensure timely and continuous funding.
· Provide support for intellectual property protection.
· Ph.D. in biomedical engineering or related field or M.S. in biomedical engineering or related field with at least 3 years experience
· Experience in physiological signal processing and analysis
· Experience in using data acquisition hardware and software
· Proficient in technical writing and grant writing
· Proficient in using analysis software packages such as LabVIEW and MATLAB
· Experience in conducting clinical trials preferably in neurology or rehabilitation engineering
· Knowledge of study design methods and biostatistics for clinical trials
· Strong scientific publication record
· Experience in the FDA approval process
· Experience with machine learning algorithms
· Proven track record in securing grant funding
· Experience in R&D in medical device industry