The Controlled Environment Foods (CEF) Senior Analyst helps evaluate, execute, and manage potential and existing Fund investments and is integral to value creation. Responsibilities include data analysis, document review and preparation, overall assistance with portfolio management. This is a senior level Analyst position based out of our San Francisco office.
Major job responsibilities include
· Supporting investment underwriting and due diligence process working with senior investment and technical team members, by conducting financial modeling & research, drafting investment memos and other documents, coordinating consultants and transaction counsel, preparing checklists, among other tasks.
· Supporting senior team members in the development and preparation of new investment strategies and fund concepts.
· Financial modeling and strategy and market research.
· Preparing and reviewing investment memos and other documents, checklists, etc.
· Reviewing various legal and project due diligence documents, ensuring adherence to underwriting standards and IC requirements are met.
· Working with operating and off-take partners, providing development oversight for projects being tracked for potential investment, includes monitoring, verifying site control, permitting, and other regulatory and compliance items that are prerequisites to potential investment.
· Monitoring and verification site control, permitting, and other regulatory and compliance items that are prerequisites to potential investment.
· Portfolio management support for existing investments including budgeting expected performance, evaluating actual performance, and implementing portfolio management processes including continuous improvement.
· Supporting investor relations with preparation of quarterly and annual materials, including individual asset updates, fund level performance analysis, and annual presentations.
· Preparing offering documents, respond to due diligence inquiries, and meet with potential investors.
As the successful candidate, your education and skills include
· Bachelor’s degree in finance, business, or equivalent degree.
· Two years of demonstrated investment experience (project development, transaction structuring and execution; financial modeling) in agriculture/greenhouse/real estate or related field.
· Excellent communication skills, including strong English written and verbal ability.
· Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
· Proficient knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel & PowerPoint).
· Proficiency with intermediate math skills, including data manipulation and analysis.
· Ability to navigate and interpret financial statements.
· Proficiency in financial modeling.
· Workable knowledge of engineering procurement, and construction contracts, lease agreements, and offtake agreements.
· Workable knowledge of the construction permitting process and compliance requirements related to construction.
· Familiarity with triple-net and/or operating leases.
· Familiarity with financing of real estate and construction projects.
· Resilience to work with frequent interruptions and embrace changing priorities and ambiguity.
· Extremely organized, able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
· Able to cultivate and maintain strong relationships both internally and externally, working in a cross-functional small team environment.
· Team-oriented and thrive in dynamic and entrepreneurial environment.
· Fully vaccinated against COVID-19.