View job on Handshake
At Merrick, we don’t just make pet food. We make the Best Food Ever. Founded in 1988, Texas-based Merrick PetCare is a leader in natural and organic pet food. We believe that our people are the source of our competitive advantage, and as we invest in our people, we invest in our shared future. When you join Merrick PetCare in Hereford, TX you are not only joining a leader in natural and organic pet food, you are joining a tight knit community focused on creating the most nutritious and wholesome food for pets.
This position is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship.
The Materials Accounting Manager is responsible for developing and maintaining overall management of inventory control and material accounting systems while ensuring compliance with generally accepted accounting principles, Nestle accounting standards and company policies and standards. The position is responsible for the continuous training and development of factory personnel on financial systems.
- Responsible for continuous analysis of variance results and losses of raw and packaging materials and finished product
- Coordinate monthly closing activities for materials accounting and report results at monthly review.
- Coordinate and manage budget requirements for materials accounting as outlined by St. Louis deadlines.
- Maintain data integrity and production data to ensure material master data accuracy and support traceability requirements
- Inventory Management to include coordinate, audit and advise on all physical inventory procedures
- Provide employee evaluations to direct reports including recognition, coaching and potential discipline
- All other duties as assigned
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree.
- 1+ years inventory management, quality control, or production experience preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- 1+ years’ experience managing people
It is our business imperative to remain a very inclusive workplace.
To our veterans and separated service members, you’re at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé. The skills you’ve gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. In addition, with our commitment to an inclusive work environment, we recognize the exceptional engagement and innovation displayed by individuals with disabilities. Nestlé seeks such skilled and qualified individuals to share our mission where you’ll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestlé home.
The Nestlé Companies are an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer seeking diversity in qualified applicants for employment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, gender, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, perceived disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected status, as defined by applicable law. Prior to the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us confidentially if you may require any special accommodations in order to participate fully in our recruitment experience. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or please dial 711 and provide this number to the operator: 1-800-321-6467.