Utility Services is third party consultancy firm that engages in compliance, security, and other regulatory functions in the electric industry across North America. Utility Services specializes in assisting registered entities with their regulatory obligations as required by the Electric Reliability Organization, administered through the North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC).
The job responsibilities are outlined as follows:
- Have a complete understanding of NERC Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP) standards and how it applies to our clients.
- Monitor and maintain a functional understanding of NERC CIP standards.
- Participate in the development of new standards in the industry via committees, drafting teams, and other working groups.
- Understanding of the performance and regulatory challenges facing electric industry participants (FERC and NERC).
- Assist staff with the development of program documentation for Utility Services clients.
- Assist in development of documents and templates for the latest version of the NERC CIP standards.
- Review network diagrams, security settings and conduct vulnerability assessments.
- Review of NIST documentation and other regulatory/industry intelligence and security programs.
- Assist in development of scenarios and injects for security-based tabletop exercises.
- Facilitate security-based tabletop exercises.
- Draft and develop after action of security-based table-top exercises.
Other tasks as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree, certification or equivalent experience in computer science, cyber security, or information/operational technology.
- Excellent communication and technical writing skills.
- Flexibility and willingness to take on new challenges.
- Knowledge and awareness of Microsoft based software applications.
- Ability to travel anywhere in North America
- Experience with NERC CIP standards
- Experience with security and risk management
- Certified or pursuing certification in one or more of the following: ISC2 CISSP, CompTIA Security +,GIAC GSEC, or other equivalent certifications
- Experience with ISO 27000, CIS Critical Security Controls, NIST frameworks, or other similar standards/frameworks
- Experience with physical security practices
Position: Full time, non-exempt, salary
Salary Range: $70,000.00-85,000.00
- Hybrid Work Schedule, Possibility of fully remote based on candidate
Utility Services works to provide an inclusive environment where employees and persons with whom we work. Our company hires and employs persons regardless of their race, color, religion, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, place of birth, or HIV Status and seeks to encourage as broad a diversity of cultures and capabilities as can be achieved. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including but not limited to vacation and flexible work schedules.