View job on Handshake
Location: Fremont, CA, US
About our group:
The mission Seagate Technology’s Fremont Research Center Recording Media Organization is to develop solutions for complex engineering systems related to every step of media production. It is a place where creative minds shine through solving challenging engineering problems.
About the role – you will:
● Model and demonstrate experimental optical setup based on femtosecond Lasers and spatial light modulators
● Investigate future optical storage physics and capability
● Work with principal engineers to apply femtosecond Laser technology and develop novel beam shaping technology based on nonlinear optics
● Involve optical, electron microscopic and AFM characterization of the devices
● Compare measurements results with modeling results to understand the underlying Physics
Interns typically work Monday thru Friday 8am to 5pm. The hours are subject to change with or without notice at the sole discretion of Seagate.
● Currently pursuing a Masters or PhD in Physics, Electrical Engineering, Materials Science or a related field with research on pico and femtosecond LASER technology or nonlinear optics
● Available summer 2022 starting in May or June and returning to school in the fall
● Proficient communication with team members
● Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a creative environment
Your experience includes:
● Proficient programming skills with Visual Basic, .NET, C-Sharp, or Labview or MatLab, Python or C++ would be strong plus
● Other helpful skills include: system integration, data-acquisition and instrumentation control programing skills
● Mechanical designing with Solidworks, electronics design and modification
Location: Fremont, CA
Our Gold LEED-certified Fremont product-design campus drives innovation, bringing together a diverse set of engineering, design, operations, support and administrative teams. The site is equipped with state-of-the-art clean room and lab space. On-site social activities are popular, including our annual BBQ, ice cream social, and holiday events. Wellness programs, gaming rooms and the on-site fitness center help round out and balance your Seagate work-life experience, along with opportunities to give back to our local community.
Location: Fremont, USA, Research Center
Other Important information:
United States Only – Seagate believes that vaccines are one of the most powerful tools to fight COVID-19 and maintain a safer workplace. Proof of a completed COVID-19 vaccination is required for all US-based employees of Seagate. This requirement applies to all employees and locations in the United States including those employees working remotely, consistent with the requirements under Executive Order 14042 for federal contractors/sub-contractors. Seagate will consider exceptions to this policy for medical or religious reasons on an individualized basis.
Seagate’s EEO Statement – Seagate provides an environment where equal opportunity is available to all. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, ethnic or national origin, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex (which includes pregnancy or perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, perceived or actual religious creed or political opinion, military and veteran status, taking or requesting statutorily protected leave, taking or requesting a reasonable accommodation for a protected basis, or other basis protected by applicable law. Company-sponsored training, education, degree assistance, and social and recreational programs are also included. EEO is the Law Poster, EEO is the Law Supplement Poster, & OFCCP Pay Transparency Provision Information.