Applications will only be considered when submitted via the external online application system available via https://scripps.ucsd.edu/mpl/mpl-summer-internship-program
The Marine Physical Laboratory (MPL) at world renowned Scripps Institution of Oceanography (SIO) seeks inquisitive motivated undergraduates with exceptional aptitude for quantitative science, majoring in engineering, physics, applied mathematics, chemistry, biology, geology or related majors.
Undergraduate college students contemplating a career in scientific research and development are encouraged to apply for a summer research internship in marine science and technology. This ten-week summer internship program offers qualified students the opportunity to work with some of the most notable scientists in the world while earning a modest salary. In addition to their research, students will attend weekly seminars given by members of MPL faculty and scientific staff.
Applicants must be US citizens or permanent residents currently enrolled in their first, second, or third year of undergraduate status. Senior year undergrads, former MPL interns and high school applicants are not eligible.
- Summer intern salary $15.05/hour
- Internship located at SIO in beautiful La Jolla, California
- Must be available to start at MPL in La Jolla, California, on or after June 1 and work the duration of the internship, 10 consecutive weeks from the start date. Internships must begin no later than the first week in July.
- To apply, visit the online registration at https://scripps.ucsd.edu/mpl/mpl-summer-internship-program, beginning November 2, 2021.
- Complete all steps outlined to submit your application. Applications due 4pm Pacific time January 14, 2022.
- Applications will not be reviewed until after the application due date.
- Applicants may be notified by email as early as February 2022. All applicants will have been notified by email by the end of April.
- Statement of Interest, including anticipated college graduation date
- Academic records/unofficial transcripts
- Two letters of recommendation from current or recent professors
UCSD is an equal opportunity employer, with a strong institutional commitment to excellence through diversity.