View job on Handshake
- USA, Lexington (MA), Genedata Selector
Genedata transforms data into intelligence with innovative software solutions that incorporate extensive biopharma R&D domain knowledge. Multinational biopharmaceutical organizations and cutting-edge biotechs around the globe rely on Genedata to digitalize and automate data-rich and complex R&D processes. From early discovery all the way to the clinic, Genedata solutions help maximize the ROI in R&D expenditure. Founded in 1997, Genedata is headquartered in Basel, Switzerland with additional offices in Boston, London, Munich, San Francisco, Singapore, and Tokyo.
About the Role
Do you have a background in biology or biotechnology? Do you have an entrepreneurial spirit? Do you like the idea of connecting scientists at the world’s leading biopharma companies with solutions that will innovate drug discovery and manufacturing efforts? If so, we would like to talk with you! We are looking for someone with strong interpersonal skills who will be a vital member of our team and will have a significant impact on the growth of our business. You will work closely with scientific stakeholders at Genedata and with business stakeholders outside of Genedata to identify new business opportunities and to support existing clients. You will actively develop, recommend, and implement strategic and tactical account plans and negotiate sales agreements. You will be the face of our business and will work to earn the trust of our customers by helping them meet their business goals and by finding creative solutions when problems arise.
To help us to understand who you are and what motivates you, we kindly ask applicants to include a cover letter and briefly tell us what attracts you to this position.
This full-time position is located in our Lexington, MA office. Occasional regional travel may be required, less than 10% on an annual basis.
- Utilize in-depth biological and technology knowledge to drive business
- Build relationships – identify, prospect, negotiate, and close deals from initial contact through signed agreements
- Work closely with the scientific consulting and professional services team and apply biological scientific expertise to sell enterprise software systems and consulting services
- Develop and communicate project proposals and present to interdisciplinary teams
- Manage accounts post sales and relationships with key accounts, turning clients into partners and advocates.
Skills & Experience
- PhD or MSc in molecular biology, biotechnology, bioinformatics, or closely related discipline
- Proven scientific and technical experience in genomics, cell line development or biosafety assessment in biopharma R&D or related life sciences field
- 2+ years track record of successful sales or business development goals in a B2B setting
- Highly motivated self-starter and entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to interact productively with scientists, managers, and IT experts both internally and externally as part of an interdisciplinary team
- Strong presentation skills and demonstrated success in presenting to individuals at multiple levels in the organization
What We Offer
Genedata is on a mission to accelerate the pace of biopharma R&D. Our enterprise software solutions digitalize and automate lab operations so scientists can discover insights faster, push scientific boundaries farther, and drive change right now. With over two decades of success due to closely-knit teams of scientists, software engineers, and business experts, Genedata has become the market-leading provider of enterprise software solutions for biopharma R&D.
As a private and majority employee-owned organization, we empower each employee to be a contributing voice in the company operations and evolution. Our collective expertise in scientific R&D informatics, combined with our open and scalable software platform, makes us the essential technology for the operations of top biopharma companies and innovative biotechs worldwide.
We are headquartered in Basel, Switzerland and have subsidiaries in the US, Germany, UK, Japan, and Singapore.
Genedata offers an attractive Total Reward Package comprised of a competitive salary and attractive benefits in return for your contribution to our success.
As an equal opportunity employer, Genedata proudly celebrates diversity and believes in an inclusive workplace.
Genedata does not accept applications from recruitment agencies.
If you are interested in this position, please apply at our website.