About the SAP Internship Experience Program
The SAP Internship Experience Program is SAP’s global, strategic, paid internship program that provides university students with opportunities to find purpose in their careers.
Three reasons to intern at SAP
- Culture of collaboration: meet with mentors, make new friends across the globe and create a thriving personal network.
- Project-driven experience: gain cross-functional skills from our virtual and in-person learning sessions, diverse subject matter experts, and project deliverables.
- Gain visibility: with SAP Internship Experience Program in your title, you’ll have a global network of SAP leaders, entrepreneurs and career development opportunities at your fingertips.
About the team
This position is for an analyst role in the Audience & Segmentation Practice within SAP. We are a team that supports SAP Marketing colleagues, other business stakeholders, and our external third-party media agencies across the globe. We provide a full scale service offering related to supporting audience / segmentation requirements within marketing programs and campaigns globally, within regions and individual market units.
What you’ll do:
Position title: SAP Marketing Solutions Intern – Audience & Segmentation Analyst
Expected start date November 2022
Contract Duration: 12 Months
Schedule: 40 Hours/Week
In this role, you’ll:
Area 1: Requirements Management
- Work both independently and as part of a team to plan, develop, and implement new audience programs for SAP Marketing and other key business areas
- Understand marketing programs, campaigns, and other tactics that are being planned or executed across global and regional teams
- Manage requirements and audience programs from end to end, including documentation, design, build, and activation
- Meet directly with marketers across the company to discuss audience needs, refine requirements, and recommend audiences to support their programs
- Clearly communicate and report on audience programs, how they support marketing objectives, and demonstrate business value
Area 2: Operations
- Support the intake request process and subsequent workload
- Review and respond to requests as needed for clarification / confirmation
- Work directly in SAP’s Adobe Audience Manager (AAM) and Marketo application for common tasks like data source setup, audience build, and destination integration
- Work with Adobe Customer care for tasks that require vendor services
- Support troubleshooting and issue resolution with core team members and directly with stakeholders
Area 3: Data Analysis
- Be able to understand business needs, formulate questions/hypotheses, and source and analyze data to support testing
- Create dashboards, automated reports, and calculated metrics to provide accessible analysis to marketers unfamiliar with audience and segmentation
- Understand and use web analytics, segmentation, targeting, and other technology platforms to support SAS services
- Develop and share audience insights pre-, in-flight-, and post- activation for optimizations and innovations
- Use SAP’s instance of Adobe Analytics, Audience Manager, and Marketo; Google Analytics, Google Data Studio, and other data and reporting tools for analysis and insights
Area 4: Knowledge Development
- Build market awareness and conduct research into audience and segmentation tools and trends
- Take available training and self-paced learning offerings to build skills and knowledge in this domain
- Recommend areas of new areas of opportunity for audience and segmentation management at SAP.
Who you are:
We’re looking for someone who takes initiative, perseveres, and stay curious. You like to work on meaningful innovative projects and are energized by lifelong learning.
- Experience in academia or professionally within digital marketing with a focus on targeting and analytics; media / advertising experience a plus
- Working towards a degree in Marketing or Computer Science, or other related degree
- Experience with or understanding of digital marketing applications, including audience and segmentation, content management, targeting, and web analytics
- Experience with Adobe Marketing solutions a plus, specifically with Adobe Audience Manager< Marketo and Analytics; experience with Adobe Target and Advertising Coud preferred
- Experience or understanding of digital advertising including Data Management Platforms (DMPs), Digital Supply Platforms (DSP) and other advertising related technologies
- An interest in and knowledge of marketing technology and digital marketing tactics and best practices
- Strong MS Excel skills for data analysis; additional technologies a plus
- Strong presentation skills, including the ability to build Executive Summary presentations (MS PWPT or Google Docs) based on analysis findings
- Willingness to grow and learn in a highly demanding, fast-paced organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication, project management, and organizational skills
- Ability to present thoughts and plans in a visually compelling manner, meet or exceed deadlines, and manage multiple demanding projects simultaneously
- Ability to think strategically partnered with a “roll up your sleeves” ability to execute