Omni Hotels & Resorts is seeking a Rooms Leader-in-Development for the beautiful Omni La Mansion!
The Rooms Leader-in-Development (LID) program is a 12-month program designed to develop graduates into successful managers in the division they wish to pursue. The Rooms LID will spend 40 hours each week working within the department and 10 hours completing Learning Commitments throughout the training property. Learning Commitments are projects that will allow LIDs to learn about general hotel operations, as well as the details and functions of their division. Each commitment will provide resources and evaluation criteria.
Will learn and perform all aspects of Front Office and Housekeeping operations
- Oversees the performance of staff and takes corrective actions when necessary
- Scheduling of staff
- Maintains accurate payroll records to ensure staff is paid correctly
- Cleaning and inspecting guest rooms
- Responds to guest requests and complaints as required
- Monitor’s product inventory and order additional products as necessary
- Interviewing and selection of staff
- Follow up on established training steps.
- Handle guest comments and complaints and ensure guest satisfaction.
- Communicate with guests and receive feedback.
- Ensures that all housekeeping Front Office operations are performed according to Omni Hotels standards
- Will be responsible for meeting with Division head weekly, Director of Human Resources each month and corporate mentor bi-monthly
- An Associate’s degree or higher is required, preferably in Hospitality Management.
- Previous Housekeeping or Rooms Division experience is preferred.
- Must be willing to work 47.5 hours per week with a flexible schedule
- Willingness to relocate upon completion of the program to ensure timely promotion to a management role
- Previous experience in a hotel or a related field preferred
- Has strong interpersonal skills and is customer service oriented with a sincere, helpful, caring and friendly personality
- Projects enthusiasm, professionalism and a positive attitude at all times
- Pays precise attention to detail, order and cleanliness
- Has outstanding written and verbal communication skills, and exceptional phone manner
- Able to adapt in a fast paced, constantly changing environment within a dynamic work schedule